xisto Community
marcin

Spam Because Mail In Aplication Formas

Many of us, who wanted to get hosting, wrote in application form their e-mail. Beacause of that forum is in google, our e-mails are also in google and bots searching for mails to sapm can find ours mails and send us lots of spam... I startet geting about 20 mails daily and it become annoying.
I want to ask admin or any mod to delete or replace with * my mail, so it may have some effect.
(I was trying to notify admins, but they have full message boxes)
this is topic where is my mail:
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/14427-topic/
Mods, plese delete my mail or do something to stop google indexing my mail

Apparently I don't have the rights to edit that post haha, so you'll have to wait for an admin to see this. Although it's odd that you noticed such an increase, I haven't heard anything of this since I started here nor did I notice it on my own account.

Request application section cannot be visited by any robots or crawlers. Therefore, it's either manually collected (like page view by a real person) or your email was collected from your website and then spammed. This is very common, visiting a website and randomly generating whoever@yoursite especially Xisto subdomain are very popular in the net.Try using filter options and if you want to combat your spam situation you can set catch all to one email address, then forward a specific email, i.e. name@yoursite --> user@anotheremail.address

hmm... when you write my mail from the form in google, you will find link to that form...There is no way to use some filtr for that spam - it is sended by bots every time from different mail, propably owned by other people geting spam. you know... computers-zombies... it started geting annoying, when I started geting about 20 spam messages for day...If I want to quit hosting, you could delete that application? It is avaible in all search engeines I know... when I deleted my other mail from webpages, it disappeared from search engeines and the spam stopped...so what? I will quit hosting, you will delete my hosting account and that post?

If I want to quit hosting, you could delete that application? It is avaible in all search engeines I know... when I deleted my other mail from webpages, it disappeared from search engeines and the spam stopped...
so what? I will quit hosting, you will delete my hosting account and that post?

Xisto forum does not delete any post unless it's spam or junk. Your application will stay as it is unless you want admin to remove your personal information. Would you like to do that, instead?

What's done is done--your email somehow got captured (or deliberatly given to spam-bots). Even you quit and remove your personal information, your email has already passed around to other spamming bots. So how to rectify the situation? Filter using any email tools (gmail is so good at this) and start filtering it by:

if TO address does not match xxxx@emailaddy then move to spam folder

And you would do this for every email address (for example you're hosting email with google apps and you have admin@xxxx abuse@xxxx where "xxxx" represents email username). Then you get to see how else you're receiving email, such as subject line "prescription" or "drug"... whatever. Use the filter again to say,

if SUBJECT contains word "prescription" then move to spam folder.

As always, report every spam to gmail or any other email hosts. This would list FROM address to go directly to spam folder.

Request application section cannot be visited by any robots or crawlers

i just checked my email address in google, and got the hosting request page for when i signed up for hosting! Not that im getting any spam, but how is this possible if the requests are not cached by google?

Xisto forum does not delete any post unless it's spam or junk. Your application will stay as it is unless you want admin to remove your personal information. Would you like to do that, instead?
What's done is done--your email somehow got captured (or deliberatly given to spam-bots). Even you quit and remove your personal information, your email has already passed around to other spamming bots. So how to rectify the situation? Filter using any email tools (gmail is so good at this) and start filtering it by:

O know some about filting spam etc. but thanks for advices.
Spam filtr isn't a good idea, because I send polish messages, and filt would block polish messages sended to me. There aren't any good way to filtr that spam - it usualy a picture or text with keyworld writen in unusual way - \/|AGRA or soething like this. It is changing...
Deleting from google helps - bealive me. Google is example - some bots use google to search mails, but some others use just links from google, and search on their own mails.

Yes, I want admin to delete my personal informs.
I would like also admins to delete my hosting account (in that case can you also delete my application form?)

I havent got any spam i dont think from my email address being on here.i have always got at least 10 spam emails a day.but i did just search my email address in google and the first page in the list was my hosting application...