xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
carbonboi

Does Anyone Know Rpg Maker 2003 There are a lot of basics that i need to learn

For weeks now i've been searching the net looking for help on rpg maker 2k3 and wherever i go I'm treated with hostility for being a newb. So now I'm looking for some genuine help. As a newb I've been reading and reading trying to find out how to use the functions, below I'll leave a list of things i can't figure out.1. Switches *Probably the most important thing in the game but I can't figure out how to turn them on and off.2.a password thing3. More sprites if availableNow I would prefer if the answers they could be short and sweet. Thanks for your help

Well if you want a short and sweet answer, check out existent documentation like the extensive help file.

You seem to have rather general questions, which are explained in documentation. I advise you only to ask on fora for more specific questions (like, 'A combination of X and Y seems to give Z error, although in this case that is impossible because of B - whats going wrong?'). Those on fora will not reconstruct the manuals for you.

I've been using the RPG Maker series since version 2000. I could help a lot with it if you ask. I'll try to help what you've asked of now.1. Switches Switches are just variables with only 2 possible definitions. If you don't know what that means, think of a light switch. It can only go up and down, on and off. This makes things very defined and specific, causing you much discomfort when wanting too broaden the aspects of things such as NPC speech. To say it plainly, don't use switches unless you really need to. If you want to use them for things like chests do something like: Make an event of a chest. Define the name of the switch as something like "Chest001". When the character opens the chest, turn the switch on. Make a page in the event with the requirement of the switch "Chest001" being ON. Use that page to define what happens when the chest is empty or open. There you go, player opens chest, gets something and when he checks the chest again, the chest can be empty.2.a password thing As in the game asking for a password? This is a little harder with RPG Maker 2003. You can only ask for sets of numbers using an event command. Sorry, I don't remember the name of the command. You can use the command to ask for the input of some numbers and it places those numbers in a specific variable. Then create a Conditional Loop checking if the saved variable matches a certain number and if it does, they get in. If it doesn't, they get yelled at.3. More sprites if available There are many, many websites with resources for the RPG Makers. Try using google.Hope I helped and/or can help further.

For weeks now i've been searching the net looking for help on rpg maker 2k3 and wherever i go I'm treated with hostility for being a newb. So now I'm looking for some genuine help. As a newb I've been reading and reading trying to find out how to use the functions, below I'll leave a list of things i can't figure out.

1. Switches

*Probably the most important thing in the game but I can't figure out how to turn them on and off.

2.a password thing

3. More sprites if available

Now I would prefer if the answers they could be short and sweet. Thanks for your help

for passwords, you use variables!

there's a command in RPG maker 2k3 (input password) that requires you to set how many numbers you want as password (sorry, can't use letters, at least not the easy way), and also you will be asked to where to store password (variable)

for example, you want to ask for a key combination password for a chest. You want your secret password to be 2343, what you have to do is:

1) create a new event, ADD the chest graphic, and on the first line add a command for variables, SET [0001] (or your variable name) to 2343.

2) ADD command "input password", and store the password in another variable (i.e [0002])

3) ADD an IF conditional,

IFvariable [[b]0002[/b]] EQUALS variable [[b]0001[/b]]thenopen chest event (could be a switch)ELSEsay: "wrong code"

It's something like that, you could change it a little bit, and if you need further help please reply to this post I'll be glad to help.

Try this!Does Anyone Know Rpg Maker 2003

I know about it.

Let’s try it.

First, go to the variable and change the name one ofThem(variable) to your secret code. Example ‘2456’.

• 1. Make an event. Change the graphics withAnything.

• 2. Add event command ‘input number’ and set  4 digits and change ‘store in variable’(stillIn ‘input number’ dialog box) with your variable that named by your secretCode.

• 3. Add event command ‘Coditional Branch’. SetVariable is equal to  ‘number’ (yourSecret number).

• 4. Ok.

• 5. Then, below ‘Branch….’ Fill message ‘yes (orSomething else)’

• 6. Then, in below ’Else Handler’ fill  message ‘no (orSomething else)’

-reply by Azhat