xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Downlinker

Windows Vienna

Hello With all!
I saw at Wikipedia, that the next operatingsystem after Windows Vista is Windows Vienna. Then i started wondering, how shall the layout be? I started surfing and found this video http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ What do you think about Windows Vienna? Will it be as awesome like Windows Vista? I really would hawe that desktop at the start <_<

That's a weird video, I don't think Microsoft made it. I hope the next windows isn't like that.. I hope the in future that we're not so lazy that we have to talk to the computer to make it do things. The screen that guy was using at the beginning was cool though.

You might hawe right there, but it would bee cool with the voice thing.

That movie has hardly anything to do with the regular home user operating system. Either fake, or not related. I'm not even sure what it's supposed to be.WinFS was postponed for Vienna I reckon. Hope it gets released sooner than before, with WinFS. They do spend quite a lot of time on security which I hardly care for.

i read in pc world articles that microsoft is not concentrating on windows vienna right now due to release of windows vista a few months ago. the real preview of windows vienna will be availabe to tech net users in end of 2008 after release of next service pack of windows vista

It's far too early to expect that Microsoft is working on the next operating system. After all, aren't the users eagerly waiting the numerous system packs? :P

i have researched and found out that that was the computer used by bill gates. he was interviewed in his office and told that on big secreen he has regular emails and on tablet he has important emails. he could do everything which the person did in video. that video was designed before to design special machines for big companies and only bill gates now has this computer. The microsoft team has only told that on about 2009 Windows Vienna will be released.Nothing Else

Do it! You will love Linux. The community is awesome, and guess what, it's free! Somehow I can't stay on Linux for a very long time though, because of the simplicity of running a Windows System. But if you get viruses all the time, then Linux is for you. Ubuntu maybe for the good GUI? I don't think that this new version of Windows is going to be out any time soon, and it will no doubt be surprising. Maybe one day MS will start using Unix to stop eating system resources.

For some reason the video seams fake. Also why would someone buy a pen pad that would cost soo much when you can do almost the same thing with your mouse. It is useless. I sure hope that is not how the vienna looks. I did think that the monitor that (at the biggenning) was pretty cool. Gives you more of an inclosed feeling. I think they already sell that kind of monitor. I think vienna will probably just be a better vista just like vista was just a better (as in more graphic) windows xp. They really did not add anything big to the vista just a lot of small things (at least that is from what I have seen). I plan to keep my xp untill the vienna comes out and then I will buy a vista for a real low price. Or I was thinking of switching to apple. Now that it runs both windows an mac there is no real reason to stick with a Dell.Thanks,Sparkx

Vienna is still under production, if I'm not wrong. it was planned to get ready in 2011. *not sure*I'm wondering why such a long gap after Vista which released early this year. One gotta wait a long way to get the first hand on Vienna.