xisto Community
NeoTeemo

Zplanner -- Free Time Management Software from www.2-0.boz

If you're interested in finding a computer application to help you organize your time, manage tasks, build concise schedules, handle projects, and set reminders in a simple, no-nonsense manner, then zPlanner is probably exactly what you're looking for!

zPlanner is a small application that employs different, interrelated methods to help you manage your time. Although its Graphical User Interface (GUI) is very plain and its functions are not very intuitive, it doesn't take long to master them and put them to good use. Once you've read its Help Section and played around with it for some time, you'll totally get the hang of it.

Since zPlanner supports multiple users, you start by entering a User Name. Once you do that, you're taken to your User Home, where you can access all the time planning and management features available.

zPlanner works by categorizing everything you do during a day into either Projects or Activities. Projects are things you do which have a start and end dates - e.g. a self-study course, redecorating the house, a trip, etc. - while activities are things you do regularly, whether daily, weekly, monthly, or otherwise - e.g. sleeping, going to the gym, reading, etc.

When you plan a project, you get the option of dividing it into Tasks. This is a universal method of project management, recommended by virtually every time management speaker or guidebook, and it has many benefits - but this is not the place for a detailed discussion. You can take a look at McGraw Hill's book entitled Time Management for more details.

Whether you're planning tasks or activities, you get to set Time Frames for them. This is basically setting when you're going to start and finish.

After setting time frames, you're presented with a Schedule which uses all the information you've entered so far to give you a visual representation of what your day, week, or month will be like. This is very useful since it gives you a chance to have a Big Picture or a Bird's Eye view, so you can make changes when something doesn't seem convenient or doable. You can also print the schedule so that you have with you whenever you need it.

You can also set Reminders. These reminders can be single or recurrent, and you can set them daily, weekly, monthly, or annually for any task or activity you have entered. Actually, I have only tested the reminder feature once during my initial tour of the application, but I haven't used it in real life time management yet. But during the test, it seemed very easy and useful.

All in all, I find zPlanner an indispensable tool in my everyday life. It helps me manage my time very efficiently, and I find that everything I read in time management books and manuals can be easily applied and integrated into the program. Sometimes it takes me a minute or two to figure out a way to do that, but it's usually pretty straight-forward.

zPlanner is freeware graciously given away by http://www.2-0.biz/, and can be downloaded from Download.com at the following link:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

If you're interested in finding a computer application to help you organize your time, manage tasks, build concise schedules, handle projects, and set reminders in a simple, no-nonsense manner, then zPlanner is probably exactly what you're looking for!

zPlanner is a small application that employs different, interrelated methods to help you manage your time. Although its Graphical User Interface (GUI) is very plain and its functions are not very intuitive, it doesn't take long to master them and put them to good use. Once you've read its Help Section and played around with it for some time, you'll totally get the hang of it.

Since zPlanner supports multiple users, you start by entering a User Name. Once you do that, you're taken to your User Home, where you can access all the time planning and management features available.

zPlanner works by categorizing everything you do during a day into either Projects or Activities. Projects are things you do which have a start and end dates - e.g. a self-study course, redecorating the house, a trip, etc. - while activities are things you do regularly, whether daily, weekly, monthly, or otherwise - e.g. sleeping, going to the gym, reading, etc.

When you plan a project, you get the option of dividing it into Tasks. This is a universal method of project management, recommended by virtually every time management speaker or guidebook, and it has many benefits - but this is not the place for a detailed discussion. You can take a look at McGraw Hill's book entitled Time Management for more details.

Whether you're planning tasks or activities, you get to set Time Frames for them. This is basically setting when you're going to start and finish.

After setting time frames, you're presented with a Schedule which uses all the information you've entered so far to give you a visual representation of what your day, week, or month will be like. This is very useful since it gives you a chance to have a Big Picture or a Bird's Eye view, so you can make changes when something doesn't seem convenient or doable. You can also print the schedule so that you have with you whenever you need it.

You can also set Reminders. These reminders can be single or recurrent, and you can set them daily, weekly, monthly, or annually for any task or activity you have entered. Actually, I have only tested the reminder feature once during my initial tour of the application, but I haven't used it in real life time management yet. But during the test, it seemed very easy and useful.

All in all, I find zPlanner an indispensable tool in my everyday life. It helps me manage my time very efficiently, and I find that everything I read in time management books and manuals can be easily applied and integrated into the program. Sometimes it takes me a minute or two to figure out a way to do that, but it's usually pretty straight-forward.

zPlanner is freeware graciously given away by http://www.2-0.biz/, and can be downloaded from Download.com at the following link:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

excellent.... has anyone tried time doctor software?

I've just been asked to install it. Time Doctor is harsh. It records every of time worked, including www-sites like twitter. I'm personally using it. Is it legal in Australia to ask people to work with this sort of software?

any advice welcome

zPlanner seems to be one good software for project management. I have tried few timeline based softwares and found that they're good for general work. I also found that timeline based softwares are relatively hard to manage and expects us to keept rack of the work. So it's better to get simple software like zplanner. There is also vplanner which is paid version of the zplanner and has more features than the zplanner. But most of the average tasks and features in the zplanner are enough for normal usage. Time doctor is not worth time of casual time management of average user.Time doctor is more of perfect tool for the project managers and freelancers. I have seen many developers and freelancers wasting time online and time doctor can be a good monitoring tool for them. That way they can figure out how much time is wasted on such social network and other interests. It is much better than odesk time tracking tool which is usually made to track the time taken for the project management. Zplannet and time doctor has no comparison by the way. They're good at what they offer and are in completely different target market. Zplanner is much of simple software with less user interface issues and is easy to use. Time doctor takes time to learn but you can use it easily if you're into management softwares. There is also software called focuth. This software has demo which you can try before you sign up. Service is web base and basicallky free for now. Not sure if the owner has any plans for going to paid mode. But i gather that he is thinking about some improvements soon. You can signup and test the software if you want. I like the interface and the features of this service. There is no drag and drop for the tasks as of now but still it is worth to try if you're into quick time management. This software is free and worthy for those who spend more time online and want to manage their projects or other tasks. Another software that i know is 'remember the milk'. This software is in free and paid mode. You can use free mode as long as you like. It available in both gmail and seperate browser mode. It can be used in mobiles, ipad and other interfaces. It has option to list tasks and the remind the user about it. It is simple and does what it says. You don't need to use any complicated software for that as this is one good software that can do the job of simplification of time management.

I do need a simple and efficient projust management software. I've been waiting for sevearl years, still with Microsoft Outlook till today.Most of the organizers are more or less the same, with slightly a little different looking or feature. Basically, I need to import 50 to 100 events every week, and I need to set alarm for all of them at once. Only Outlook or some webbased calendar can do this for me. Idealy, I want to update one field of the events at preset time, this is something missed out by all the software.Still seeking, maybe wait another 10 years till I don't need this feature.

A good comparison of ZPlanner would be Basecamp. They both have simple user-interface which is user-friendly. They are both easy and simple to use and you don't need to waste more time in learning them. As a simple software, it does not have many features for complex projects to manage but still a great software. Other alternatives can also be seen here. It's a list of the various project management software with features compared in a table.

If you haven't found the software package you look for, then I think you must try Latitude. It's a great tool to better manage your projects, tasks and documents. Tasks can have sub-tasks and you can assign them to a specific user. You can notify users about their tasks via email, manage documents such as drawings, spreadsheets and emails, it has a billing system to quote and invoice job costs, and user timesheets can be exported to accounting software for payrolls. You can check more of its features in this website: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Well i obiously giving it a try, actually i need a software that can manage my time so i think it will help me do that.well obviously you need a thanks for posting this software. and searching for us.Well i found that there is lots of alternative is available here some are free and also paid, but its a good one as time manager, anyone can use it.