xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dserban

How To Suspend / Resume Execution Of A Windows Application

In order to be able to suspend a process running under Windows, we need a utility called Process Explorer which can be downloaded free of charge from the Microsoft website at:

http://www.microsoft.com/err/technet/

Once you have started Process Explorer, locate the application you want to suspend, right-click on it and choose "Suspend".
The same logic applies for "Resume".

I hope you find it helpful, it has helped me bring rogue, CPU-hungry applications quickly under control.

-Dan

what can you do here which you can't do it in task manager

By the sound of what dserban is saying is that this program allows you to 'pause' the program, and then 'continue' it later. You can only start and end processes using the Task Manager!
I think its a very useful program, specially when your looking for a program!
-jimmy

Processexplorer is a lot more powerfull than the default windows taskmangere. It gives so much more information about an application and the performance graphics per application are usefull to 'see' in the past (if windows stalled, you can check the performance graph to find out if some application suddenly used a lot of cpu/memory).Ps. let's not forget this is not a M$ application :P

can't you could do all these things in task manager in process tab. what can you do here which you can't do it in task manager

No...the task manager can kill tasks, forcibly kill tasks, change priority and affinity, but that's about it. Typical Microshaft half-assery.