xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

How To Limit The Number Of Pages In Ms Word?

Simple but stupid question <_< Say I'm writing a paper and I don't want it to step beyond 10 pages. Is there any way to fix the maximum number of pages in MS Word i.e. I keep typing without bothering to check how many pages I've typed but Word won't let me step beyond the page limit ?Thanks,m^e

as far as I know, no, but if you already set the footer with the pagenumber in it, then you can easily see at wich page you're working on.

Nope I did some google searching and Microsoft word searching and there is no cap, so the only to do it is type it out until the last line and there you go.

Think about it this way... after they wrote the Operating Systems to be as bloated as they are, why would they allow you to limit the size of Word Documents? <_<

The real problem is the word count. You can see the page count easily, but to see the word count you have to click through several menus. And then you discover that you've missed the spot by several hundreds, so you have to go back and rewrite half of the story. That's really annoying, especially with school papers.That's true even in OpenOffice.

Edited by xerxes (see edit history)

In office 2003 i think, you can set the word count as a toolbar and click on the recount button whenever you want to find out how many words you have, in office 2007, the word count is displayed all the time in the bottom status bar, along with page count, spelling etc.