xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sten

Vbulletin Is Too Pricey too pricey

If only v bulletin was cheaper id so use it.I really like v bulletin, its probably my favourite board.The price is too high, and the price for support is... rediculous.

It's not expensive - it's cheap. Sure, when you think about vBulletin just as a piece of software the price is a bit high, but there is one very important thing to take into consideration. What do you think, how much would a PHP developer charge you for a forum like vBulletin? In my opinion, much more... And after all, vBulletin was made by many web developers, so when you look at it that way, it's not expensive at all <_<

The Charge for vBulletin is really high! I personally like vBulletin most but as Sten said " The price is too high, and the price for support is... rediculous"You can get a good quality board like MyBB for free and it has similar features with vBulletin!!I wouldn't personally pay the price for vBulletin! Its too much!! Rther go for SMF or MyBB!!!Thanks. <_<

Yes, it's expensive, but you really do get what you pay for. It is many many times more secure than other message board solutions, and it runs a lot faster and more efficiently on servers. . . Although I have heard negative reports about their support (but I can't personally comment on that since I have yet to experience it for myself). . . but for most people, the free alternatives such as SMF and MyBB are perfectly capable of doing what they want.

Vbulletin is the best Bulletin Board out their in my opinion. I was a co-owner of a vbulletin board so I got to see all the things it does, but the site I was co-owner of, was shut down. I wanted to get my own vbulletin board but way too pricey for me..

I love vbulletin best piece of forum software going and I'm extremely skilled in using it, the price is 100% worth it as you can make that back via donations etc anyway. Also there are bulled versions for those who cannot afford it, I know a site with nulled bulletin and it releases loads of mods to therefore a great substitue and is identical to bulletin as it is vbulletin hope I helpedd

I agree tha Vbulletin seems to be a very good forum software, whenever I browse vBulleting forum it seems it's so good and if the theme isn't ugly it's very usable, but yeah, it costs quite a lot and not everyone can have it ;)Invision power board (IPB) are also good and as I know it's cheaper, never would I use PHPBB again :lol:Also, it seems that for free SMF is rather a good choice? But I never really used it myself to much.

Well its really expensive , but if you want a long run in your business then you have to conciser the possibilities for further upgrading.if you do upgrade the board , though it have some of marge system, yo will lose some valuable post .and the forum system is a good support system, thee is lots of good theme available, and you can use some free plugins designed for this board.and i must say stable and give lots of less errors.so there is a thumbs up for you.so just use it if you are thinking for a long run, and you will see really price is not much.

I M H O, it is not all that expensive if you are REALLY serious about your forum. If you plan to setup 100 forums on the internet - It's expensive.