xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
translector

Rar Files Hosting

Looking for free hosting I found this today:

rarhost is a unique and original free file hosting storage service only for .rar files!

for the uploader:

* host unlimited .rar files online and share with friends.

* 150mb size limit per .rar, split archives allowed with no upload limit.

for the downloader:

* view the contents of the archive before you download, ensuring it contains the files you want.

* advanced password support, no more downloading a .rar just to find out you need a password!

general info:

rarhost is a unique new file hosting site, only for winrar .rar archives and was officially opened in august 2006. why are we limiting our service only for rar files? we offer much more than just basic file hosting, our system has advanced information about each rar file, therefore we have decided to specialize in .rar files, for example you can see what the archive contains before you download, ensuring it contains the files you want. for a bigger list of features please visit the index page, or check out our faq page for those questions everyone needs to know <_<

common scenario:

* Jack from england wants to share his video collection to 4 friends located across the world.

* Jack finds his video folder which contains 6 of his videos and then uses winrar to archive the folder in to one compressed file.

* Jack visits rarhost, browses for the rar file and uploads the archive to rarhost.

* Jack then continues the upload process until he has the download address, with the address saved he shares with his friends online.

* Ed, one of Jack's friends wonders if it contains the videos he wanted to see, so he checks the rar contents box on the download page.

* Ed sees that the archive contains all the videos he wanted and downloads the .rar file.

I haven't use this service yet, but I am planning to do a download section in one of my sites. So I guess it will be usefull..

Enjoy!

Notice from WeaponX:
Copied from:

http://www.rarhost.com/index.php

Use QUOTE tags if you intend to copy something from another site

Edited by WeaponX (see edit history)

You can try Bigupload too. As a free user you can upload max 500MB, but if you get a premium account which is not so expensive you can do 2GB.

Bigupload is the leading provider of services that allow secure uploading, transferring and file sharing. The service uses a network of the newest, quickest and most reliable servers with memory close to unlimited working on multi-gigabyte Internet connections. We guarantee confidentiality, safety, reliability and convenience while working with our service.

I think they raised it against rapidshare as rapidshare has 70-80% of the files in rar format and is very popular.But they have increased the file size to 150mb rather than 100mb. And rapid even don't have advanced features particular to a rar file. Therefore for hosting a rar file, "rarhost.com" is the best.

Rarhost seems a handy site if download speed is fast. For my upload files I use orbitfiles.com at the moment. 6gb limit, any file and denote which specific items can be shared and with whom. Bad thing is max 40mb per file.

Yeah, rarhosting seem to be very interesting, even though some people don't have unrar or rar compatibilities on their OS, but it is very easy to install them, almost everyone know Winrar or some other archivers which can unrar the downloaded files.. The main thing for most of the people is the files moderation, if it is under very high moderation, when a lot of files can't be uploaded and usually a lot of people don't need so much space for files for legal use.. :P it is usually their own music, videos, their programs and etc. but usually people are sharing something. Personally I think that sharing something through http is quite stupid today for illegal files or etc. due to there are other protocols for sharing, torrent files and dc++ and all the other p2p stuff, but it is good that these kind of services is online for free, I wish they would exist 7 years ago.. <_<