xisto Community
translector

Free Hosting - 15gb Space - 250gb Bw Believe it or not

Done registering an account with 789mb and found a very big PROBLEM. I can't run my php framework on this host. Which means I can't host my site. I guess its because of the safe mode is on. Layout is Ok.. but of course comparing, there are better ones out there with cpanel. Can only say that you can use this for FTP. Pretty fast and large in space. Hosting of large image will be good and use Xisto to host all your script. Link those images to here. That way, even getting a 20mb hosting with Xisto will be enough. another 2 cents worth..Cheers

I was hoping to at least check them out because it sounded to good to be true... Well, aside from the 10mb limit.Apparently it is because they're not accepting registrations anymore.Go figure, HA!

By the sounds of what they are offering, it sounds way to good to be true.Not even payed hosting (at least not the average sort), offers that kind of bandwidth and space.I suppose they assume no one will ever use even a fraction of that amount heh.

http://www.789mb.com/rg-erdr.php?_rpo=t is a new free hosting provider. As I stated in the title they offer 15GB of space and 250GB of bandwith monthly.The Cons (in my opinion):

I just tried it. Does not work, could not register :

Sorry, We are currently not accepting registrations.

So, in the "con's" list we should also add : "seems not to work today". One more problem we don't have here at Xisto.

By the sounds of what they are offering, it sounds way to good to be true.
Not even payed hosting (at least not the average sort), offers that kind of bandwidth and space.

I suppose they assume no one will ever use even a fraction of that amount heh.

Definitely, you just don't dish out that kind of service for free. Still, I reckon that people don't use that kind of bandwidth/space simply because they just don't need to. They offer that amount to entice people in, but to me free hosting (that actually works) and that has cPanel is far better than one that offers far more space than I could ever want. :blink:

Then again they can earn a lot of money just off advertisement.

xboxrulz

Yup, but where do they put the ads? Lining their site with them wouldn't generate that much, and putting them in to people's sites would put me off of them in an instant.

There are some ways they could have advertising placed on user sites.Just as long as they give good options for many layouts and ones that don't protrude too much.Something like Google's Ads, they give you considerable options, for size, placement, look and feel.

This Free Hosting Is Pretty Nice! 15GB Of Space And 250GB Monthly Bandwidth! This Is Almost Like Premium Web Hosting! Although PHP Safe Mode Is On. :blink: I Don't Like PHP Safe Mode On. Especially For Running Bulletin Boards. But A Good Thing I Like On Most Free Web Hosting Is 99.99% Up Time Or More. :D I Don't Know Though About This Host Because Usually Hosts With This Kind Of Hosting Specs Have Extremely Slow Loading Pages! Especially When It Comes To Bulletin Boards.

Edited by Steven9088 (see edit history)