xisto Community
translector

Free Hosting - 15gb Space - 250gb Bw Believe it or not

http://www.789mb.com/rg-erdr.php?_rpo=t is a new free hosting provider. As I stated in the title they offer 15GB of space and 250GB of bandwith monthly.

The main features are the following:
* Free web hosting. Free extras. Zero Ads!
* Free Web Hosting: 15GB disk space, 250GB Ultra-Quality bandwidth.
* Features: PHP 5, MYSQL, FTP
* 5 MYSQL Databases and 5 MYSQL Users!
* 99.9% SLA Uptime Guarantee!
* Domain/Subdomain: Host your own domain or choose a FREE sub-domain from one of our domains, like your-name.789Mb.com!

Some reasons to use this free service:

- My current free host is slow, down all the time or has no customer service
- The last free host i used just dissapeared overnight, i have no idea where it went, but i dont think its comming back!
- I lost my data when my last free host just decided to delete all its members
- My host was overloaded and crashed, it could not handle the demand
- I no longer want to keep switching free hosts, im desperate to find a reliable one
- My last free host had ads or other revenue generating methods, and is just in it for the money. I want an ad free host!
- The last free host i used was full of abusers/spammers destroying the service for my genunine use

The Cons (in my opinion):

Layered panel, no cpanel
php Safe mode on

Enjoy!

Notice from WeaponX:
Copied from:
http://www.789mb.com/rg-erdr.php?_rpo=t

Warning issued.

Edited by WeaponX (see edit history)

Well it would be alright if it had cpanel and more databases.So im going to stick with Xisto at the moment.by the way translector, was your old host hostvivid?A friend was using that but one night it just disappeared.

I just made an account on 789 mb.I hate the control panel, i can tel you that.The only good part is the fact that you get so much space.

I just register to 789mb.com and i notice that this host is very fast, i think i will use it as backup web and to test some developments i will make. The control panel is too much simple and offers few things, compared with Xisto i prefer the last one.But, the huge space that offers is a big reason to use it.Best regards,

I haven't tried this particular hosting service, but from what I've read I'm not surprised. With the notable exception of gmail and those that followed it, the majority of services that take a single appealing aspect of any given service type and push it to unprecedented proportions are often lacking in other significant ways and try to draw in attention and users/customers on the basis of the one stellar aspect. It wouldn't surprise me if a web host offering THAT much space/bandwidth either had some strings attached or was lacking in some noteworthy ways.

looks good i wont host my radio-fm on this until i see if it is good i will post results later on <_< one thing he didnt say is if it is immedite activation. i qgree with Jeigh there must me catch but il find out wont i.

PHP Safe mode on.. Now, that sounds like a big big con to me. Cze, scripts is what most people use on high spec/tech hosts. And with the safe mode on, umm.. I'd much rather choose a host with 1GB space and 10GB bandwidth with safe mode off, rather than a host with 1TB space and 100TB bandwidth with safe mode on.Just my 2 cents <_<

nicholas2, it does have immediate activation, i made an account.It also has immediate deletion <_< i just deleted my account, its a horrible host.

by the way translector, was your old host hostvivid?Nop, I am still using a paid hosting, I don't know if mentioning the hosting service as it could sound as an ad.The last months I've tried a lot of free hostings, but I haven't found yet a good one. I hope Xisto accept my future application.789mb is a ultra faster server, but I can't install DevPHPLinks, so it's not for my website. [ http://codigopost.com/ ] Further I need a couple of subdomains.

Then you should definately get Xisto. the second plan.its the best free host ive found and im definately staying with them.

Thanks Sten.Currently I have the credits needed to apply to Xisto basic plan. But first I want to familiarize with the forums and the rules. Because I don't want to apply, be denied and look as a fool.My main concern respect to Xisto is how to mantain my account. How many days of innactivity at forums, etc.

Well i'm not sure about this host, and would like to know what the catch is....what do I have to do in order to get an account and keep it? What are the restrictions here? (file type restrictions etc.)

My main concern respect to Xisto is how to mantain my account. How many days of innactivity at forums, etc.

Well this is off topic and such, but basically how Xisto works is that for every post on the forum you make you get a certain number of points. When you have a hosting account your number of points goes down by about one point per day. So basically you can remain innactive for however many days you want, depending on how many points you have. If you have 30 points, that means that you can be innactive for about a month. Due note however that the points are approximate number of days, so don't automatically assume because you have 100 points that you can remain innactive for 100 days, or else your account could get suspended.

And the nice thing about Xisto is that if you do happen to let your points fall below 0, your account simply gets suspended, until you get to -10 points (i think), at which point it is terminated. To unsuspend your account you simply get your points to about 3-4 points and then within an hour or two it'll become unsuspended.

So you don't have to worry about remaining active too much around here.

Another bad thing about this host is the database administrator that don't work completely, i don't know if it is because my pop up blocker but all the buttons do nothing, and also, if you view at the control panel they have a link to phpMyAdmin but when you click you dont get it instead you get the db admin of them.Best regards,