xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SirChick

Text Based Internet Site Game...

Hey guys,Im new here just thought i'd say hello! B)Im planning on creating a text based internet game using php/sql.. im sure many people have asked for this over the months/years hehe. Though at first when learning php thankfully i learnt visual basic and html in school and the logic of php is not to bad. All was looking good on that front. Though i think i underestimated how big of a thing this is for one man to do alone.I cannot for life of me even begin to think where to start :S Plus many of the tutorials i learnt from whilst reading sites over the months never really hit the nail on the head when it came to using the code in a text based game.What does php get coded in ? Cos if its notepad, it doesnt work for me when i save it as .php and run it in IE to see if it works. Its like i need to buy a server before i can even test the prgramming language ? Is there not like a program to code php and run the code offline to test it works ? I've no idea how some guys can make an entire game by them selves from self-taught... its crazy. Any help is appreciated.

Ok, i can help you but you need somewhere to start. Email me at onthescreen@gmail.com, ill get some more DETAILED info there... Oh and by the way, im in the same boat you are, i know html, i know vbasic, but i also know some php, and some MySQL... Send me that email!

Ok, i can help you but you need somewhere to start. Email me at onthescreen@gmail.com, ill get some more DETAILED info there... Oh and by the way, im in the same boat you are, i know html, i know vbasic, but i also know some php, and some MySQL... Send me that email!

Did you recieve my email ?