xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Matoking1405241541

I Didn't Know Only English Sites Were Accepted

I was searching Free Webhosts site and found this. Wow, everything looked like great, and I started to post. After getting enough hosting points, I noticed, that only English websites were accepted. What?! There wasn't ANYTHING about this at Free Webhosts.I looked again at Other Features. Not note about ''only English websites are accepted''. If is it possible to somehow host non-English websites free, tell me how. It wasn't fun after all to post for nothing.

Hm... Could you provide me with a link where it says that only English sites are accepted? As far as I know, what must be in English are your posts - there are no restrains when it comes to site content.

Hm... Could you provide me with a link where it says that only English sites are accepted? As far as I know, what must be in English are your posts - there are no restrains when it comes to site content.

All websites must be in English to qualify for free hosting.http://forums.xisto.com/topic/81424-topic/?findpost=1064285080

And look, there isn't anything about English only :
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Then you should contact the owner of free-webhostst to add that. Free-webhosts is not affiliated with Xisto in any way, can't really blame Xisto for any irregularities. The owner will appreciate your input though.I think I used that same site to find this place. Sorry to hear about your wasted effort.

Free webhosts assumedly gathers there own information about hosting sites. It doesn't have a direct affiliation with them so you can't expect a site like that to necessarily have all pertinent information about a host. I'm sure it's mostly reliable information but you should be too shocked when something like this occurs and they forget to mention a piece of information about any given host.As far as why only english sites allowed, or to try to get around it, you'd have to go higher then me to find those answers.

Wait so you need to post in english but it doesn't matter what language the hosted site is in? Am I correct about this? I was going to make a forum on my website and provide a sub-forum for Spanish support. Would that be allowed because I am posting on this forum (Xisto forum) in english? If not I just won't have the Spanish sub-forum, I would rather keep my Xisto account because Xisto Rocks!Thanks,Sparkx

Always read the terms of service in any site if you intend to use it for a while. That was the first thing I read here at Xisto and it does indeed mention English sites only. The reason behind this is? My guess is because most of us here are English speaking members. If your site is under "scrutiny" for any suspicious activities, we want to be able to determine that for sure. If it's in another language that we (admins...mods) don't understand, I don't think it will be easy to decide what to do with a site.@sparkx: No LOL....Only English language sites can be hosted at the Xisto servers. Sites in other languages can/will most likely be removed. So basically, posting here at Xisto forums and the content you host at your site, both MUST be in English.

yes the other fault on that site is it says all users get access to shell and the owner of this site actually informed them that their services are free with a list of there information so it may well be the owner of this site.

Your websites are to be made in English language so that gamma server technicians can know you are not breaking any AUP or TOS by posting illegal contents and such. <-- if that made any sense B)If you would like to make your website other than in English, you MUST provide 100% correct translation of that site. Furthermore, if you hinder any technician by providing a fake English site but any different content in other language(s) you are to be terminated of your hosting service and banned form Xisto site altogether. It is also strongly advised that your index (greeting or portal page) to be in full English and then lead to your native (preferred choice) language so that there isn't any confusion by server technicians.Thank you.