xisto Community
nightfox1405241487

Novell Client For Windows 2000/xp

Hi,Novell took down their downloads of the Novell Client for Windows 2000/XP and if you have ever read any of Novell's documentation, you would normally expect it to work on 2000 and XP ONLY. Well, since this client has been discontinued (evil Novell!!!), I had no choice but to install the XP/2003 client on my Win2k machine. Despite all odds, it actually worked!!! Edit: Except for the actual "logging in" part... anyone know where to find the Novell Client for 2000/XP since Novell discontinued it? Internet searches have showed NOTHING!!I guess any NT client will work on any NT OS except Vista... which Microsoft destroyed the "normal" login process removing pre-login authentication.[N]F

Edited by nightfox (see edit history)

Amazing that it worked! Spose thats a good thing! I have a copy of the 2000/XP installer if you would like it! I always knew there was a reason I keep old downloads! you never know when something like this is going to happen!-jimmy

Amazing that it worked! Spose thats a good thing! I have a copy of the 2000/XP installer if you would like it! I always knew there was a reason I keep old downloads! you never know when something like this is going to happen!-jimmy

Yes, I would like it! It's a pain not being able to connect to my server... the XP/2003 client installs fine, no errors, but when you initially try to select your tree, it takes forever and shows you an empty box. The "Workstation Only" login works, but other than that I can't get the XP/2003 client to even touch my Novell NetWare server.

The file is under 20 MB right? Like 19.6? You can upload it to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and put it in the "Public File Dump" folder.

Thanks!

[N]F

hey! the version i have is 4.91 sp3. Its from a school so when its installed some of the trees are already filled out, but you can just change them! otherwise its the exact same install as the one downloadable from the novell website (well when it used to be there!). The old installer that I got from novel (4.91 sp2) is corrupted somehow and I cannot use it to install.This one is just as good! only problem is that i cannot connect to this server you gave! In firefox, i get a timeout error!EDIT: I have just found out that the copy of Novell Client I have is not corrupted its version 4.91 SP2. Im still having problems connecting to your upload site though!

Edited by Jimmy89 (see edit history)