xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jimmy89

Half Life 2:deathmatch Your thoughts?

Hi all,

I have recently just got a copy of Counter Strike Source from a friend to play and i also got steam to play with. When looking around their site I found a special promotion that they have going at the moment. If you have an ATI graphics card installed on your computer, it looks like you are able to get two free games from valve!

If you want to have a look and see if you can get the free games also, go to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I downloaded steam and went to the website where it said I was able to get the games - followed the links and in a few seconds, steam was downloading the games. They only offer two games, Half Life 2: Deathmatch and Half Life 2: Lost Coast!

So my question to everyone is,
have you ever played HL2:Deathmatch and what do you think of it! Good game, could be better ... etc!

Thanks for your comments
-jimmy

Edited by Jimmy89 (see edit history)

Hi Jimmy89,I have been playing Counter Strike: Source since it came out and the way i got it i also got HL2: Deathmatch free. I find that it is not like counter strike in the aspect of playing, you don't really have to use tactics to get around the map or play the game it is more of a full front assualt which is very fun and exhilarating. Depending on what you like you can get deathmatch where its all vs. all or you can play on some servers which have team deathmatch rebels vs. combine. I prefer this one as you can move without having about 15 people running around with shotty's killing anyone who moves. But yes deathmatch is a very good game and very much worth it, but i would just say Lost Coast is quite a demanding game which needs rather good specs, and if you have those specs then it is very good play. The reason i say this is because i found that the game kept crashing with my pc, so i got rid of it. When you play Lost Coast the water is the best bit looks very real. Anyway have fun with your new games!Chris.

Hey Jimmy,I have been playing Steam games since the BETA of Counter Strike and now Day Of Defeat and Source engines. I can see that HL2 : Deathmatch and Lost Coast are 2 very good games and incredible that Steam are only giving it to ATI video card users, my friend has a ATI card and just went to go download it.. To bad I have a NVIDIA video card instead of an ATI. Like you said HL2 : Deathmatch doesn't really need tactics and to me personally that seems plain and you don't need much to play like that. I like games with strategies and a way to win, not like something too easy but HL2:Deathmatch is OK in my opinion. Lost Coast, I haven't played yet, sounds good, but you can always google it, thats why good is so good in business. So thats only my opinion Jimmy thanks for reading this!TheOneAndOnlyP.S. Have fun playing!!

thanks for your reply's! I have downloaded both the games and they are great! Lost Coast works surprisingly well and you are so right about the water! its amazing!!Deathmatch is a little different to CS:S but its still pretty fun! I prefer the team deathmatch servers - much more fun!-jimmy

I prefer more deathmatch oriented games, and so i like hl2:dm quite a lot. i got it free with counter-strike:source. i think that it is a good idea basing dm gaming on the source engine, but for some reason i dont play it as much *bottom* CS:S. i dont know, maybe i just havent gotten in to it yet <_<