xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Vyoma

Lavanya (character) Digital Painting

Hey guys. I recently got myself a Wacom Tablet.

Here is a character painting I did using GIMP.

Posted Image

Related Blog Post: Digital Painting - Lavanya 2

I did most of it (around 80%) using mouse - I had not got the tablet by then. After that, I did the finishing touches with the graphics tablet.

Wow, very nice, I look forward to seeing what you can do with a tablet. Personally I can only pull off pretty basic art so when people show off things like this done on a computer it blows my mind. "effects" and other things you can learn in tutorials is one thing but at a certain point natural talent takes over. Awesome piece of work man.

Wow, very nice, I look forward to seeing what you can do with a tablet. Personally I can only pull off pretty basic art so when people show off things like this done on a computer it blows my mind. "effects" and other things you can learn in tutorials is one thing but at a certain point natural talent takes over. Awesome piece of work man.

Hey thanks Jeigh. Yup - I look forward at what I can do with the tablet too. :)

Yes, indeed. I have to agree when you said, "at a certain point natural talent takes over" - but only to an extent. There is some amount of natural talent into it, but the larger part of the talent can be attained through practice. Practice. And a little more practice. B)

Man.. you're excelling yourself every passing day... :) Keep it up dude. You should post that image of Mayank in here too.

m^e, thanks! Yeah, I will post that too, once I get back home.