xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
john_meikle

Installling Linux On Windows By Only Using 2gb :)

Ok here it goes, First of all you need an ISO or a Linux Disc if you have one, if you don't have a disc you can download a ISO by searching in google Linux ISO and go to the first one i think then go to https://www.microsoft.com/de-de once you have downloaded the ISO (Might have 4/3/2/1 Discs) then download the 45 Day free trial or the full version if you can of Virtual PC 2005 Beta :) Now once you have installed Virtual PC 2005 Beta create a new Virtual PC by going to the button Labelled New, in one stage it asks you to Select your OS you are going to install using Virtual PC select Other, in another Stage it asks you if you would like to create a virtual drive click yes and name it something if you like (Default it comes up as you Virtual PC's Name) then double click your Virtual PC you just create then in that Windows Select CD then Capture ISO if you downloaded a ISO or by Drive if you have a Linux CD (You need to insert it before selecting a drive) then go through the installion and you have linux on a Windows OS !Hope that helped :) Bye !

Yeh i had to do this with my new pc, it wanted both Linux and Windows on it. Just Install Linux first (i have Linux Mandrake) and then install Windows. Pretty simple really lol.Although i am having trouble installing AMSN on Linux Mandrake. Any ideas?

I already knew it... yeah it is better to use such virtual PC rather than install linux in real (boot install). I'm using VMware at home, but it actually doesn't take any space in your harddisk since it is only emulation (yeah, of course you need spcae for the iso image), you can get rid in ur linux without being afraid host OS are broken. I have, freeBSD, red hat, fedora, knopix iso at home... it is cool to play around with those stuff..

Here's to do the other way around placing Windows onto Linux:1) Buy a copy of VMWare 4.5.22) Install the Linux version (be sure that the kernel supports it and that you have an X server)3) Install Windows with your Windows installation disc.4) DONExboxrulz

Lolz....

I wanted to post same thing as xboxrulz B)

using virtual machines is oldes way to run 2 or more opearing systems on your PC...
But all of them will be modal and you will have only one real Operating system which will manage your system resourses between processes B)

One more interesting fact is using terminal services to connect to the remote PC over 5 different networks :) It's really funny to see it on windows when windows desctops are viewing one inside another and rank of nesting is more than 3 or 4 lolz ;)

Use Terminal services and Virtual PC's and have fun :)