xisto Community
tyƒoon™

New Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Beta! For Vista and XP users only

hey, i would just like to tell you guys that the new and LEGAL copy of Windows Live Messenger 8.5 beta is now available from Microsoft at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18614/windows-essentials

The new slick theme is made to 'blend in' to Windows Vista's Glass effects throughout the Operating System. I have downloaded it and It does match Windows Vista perfectly. I reccommend everyone to download WLM 8.5 beta if you got XP or especially Windows Vista B)

Yes, it matches Vista, but it looks almost lost on XP (if you are even bothered about aesthetics, of course). . . Microsoft needs to consider the vast proportion of its users who are still on XP rather than force them to pay 100 quid for what is basically a new theme and not much else. . . They better not keep doing it until support for XP officially runs out. . . .

yeah its great, but I still like Yahoo messenger better, worlds famous messenger yahoo ( AOL/ SKYPEE ACTULLY) yahoo is a used to be..

hey, i would just like to tell you guys that the new and LEGAL copy of Windows Live Messenger 8.5 beta is now available from Microsoft at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18614/windows-essentials
The new slick theme is made to 'blend in' to Windows Vista's Glass effects throughout the Operating System. I have downloaded it and It does match Windows Vista perfectly. I reccommend everyone to download WLM 8.5 beta if you got XP or especially Windows Vista <_<

yeah its great, but I still like Yahoo messenger better, worlds famous messenger yahoo ( AOL/ SKYPEE ACTULLY) yahoo is a used to be..

The new slick theme is made to 'blend in' to Windows Vista's Glass effects throughout the Operating System. I have downloaded it and It does match Windows Vista perfectly. I reccommend everyone to download WLM 8.5 beta if you got XP or especially Windows Vista <_<

Heh they are just probably updating the looks again, i havn't seen any real big useful changes in past versions other than the looks.Would be nice to see what they can come up with to put in the new version, although they have pretty much crammed as much into it already for guys that just need to use it to communicate.Havn't seen any screenshots or documents yet, but from what i can guess it will only be interface changes more toward the vista feel.-HellFire

Edited by HellFire121 (see edit history)

REGARDING USING GOOGLE TALK WITH VISTA OPERATING SYSTEM

New Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Beta!

HI GUYS

CAN ANYONE EXPLAING OBOUT COMPARATIBILITY ABOUT USING GOOGLE TALK WITH WINDOWS VISTA OPERATING SYSTEM AND EXPLAIN HOW TO INSTALL AND USE IT

WAITING FOR your REPLY EAGERLY AT THE EARLIEST

REGARDS

SREE

-SREE

REGARDING USING GOOGLE TALK WITH VISTA OPERATING SYSTEM

New Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Beta!

HI GUYS

CAN ANYONE EXPLAING OBOUT COMPARATIBILITY ABOUT USING GOOGLE TALK WITH WINDOWS VISTA OPERATING SYSTEM AND EXPLAIN HOW TO INSTALL AND USE IT

-SREE

for "Normal" use of google talk, you need nothing special with vista.

While connected to mail.google.com, click on your contact's while it's green, and start a talk, that's all. Nothing to install, simply your contact hase to be connected too.

By the way, this topic subject concerns windows messenger, and your question concerns google talk, which is a competitor. Next time, ask your question in the correct topic, you have better chances to get an answer.

Windows Live Messenger? Meh. I have not used it for a great deal of time. I instead use trillian. Trillian is fully compatible with windows live messenger and can also connect to yahoo messenger, ICQ, aol messenger, and even IRC. All within one program. I see no reason to use windows live messenger when other programs have that kind of features. Worse still for live messenger, it's a good program if you wish to pick up viruses. I went back to using it several months ago and instantly recieved a virus. The virus was drivecleaner, a phoney spyware removal program. And it eventually led up to me having to format my computer.Nice looks are no match for security.

I have the new Windows Live Beta 8.5 version and there isn't anything major that's different from the older version, except that it blends with the Vista Theme. I have Windows Ex, but i downloaded a theme that looks like Vista and it really blends.