xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Free Website Designing

Yahoo Mail With Yahoo Chat

Yahoo has added Yahoo Chat to Yahoo Mail. In other words when you are browsing your e-mails, and if some of your contacts are online you can chat with them. You are immediatly signed on yahoo chat, when your yahoo mail turns on. And in the left panel, next to contacts it says 0 online or 3 online, depends on how many of your contacts or online. Then you can just put your mouse over where it says how many of your contacts are online, click and you can pick with who you want to chat with. It is pretty amazing, and I think that Yahoo Mail is getting better and better. :) Yahoo Mail is like Microsoft Outlook, except for free. An amazing e-mail provider! B)

Another useless innovation IMHO and it's very similar to GMail's GTalk offer. However, there are those who would actually use it. I prefer a stand-alone web messenger like the MSN Web Messenger.Plus, they already have a stand-alone Web Messenger, so I was thinking ... "why bother?"xboxrulz

I suppose that I am in a unique position where this is a very bad thing for me. I like to check my Yahoo! Mail from work but when I switched to the new layout it tries to sign me into Messenger automatically. This presents a problem for me as mail is allowed at work but any chat software is not. Every time my browser tries to sign into Messenger the request is stopped by the firewall. This might not seem like a big deal but my network administrators are on the VERY strict side and each time the firewall blocks something a log entry is made. Enough log entries and you get called to the principal’s office to get paddled. I don’t know about your but I don’t like the principal’s office.

I personally don't like the integrated chat either. Gmail has the same thing and I don't like using it from there as well. Those who know me, know that I use an all-in-one instant messaging program like Trillian. All my IM needs are there <_<

I suppose that I am in a unique position where this is a very bad thing for me. I like to check my Yahoo! Mail from work but when I switched to the new layout it tries to sign me into Messenger automatically. This presents a problem for me as mail is allowed at work but any chat software is not. Every time my browser tries to sign into Messenger the request is stopped by the firewall. This might not seem like a big deal but my network administrators are on the VERY strict side and each time the firewall blocks something a log entry is made. Enough log entries and you get called to the principalâs office to get paddled. I donât know about your but I donât like the principalâs office.

The mail interface doesn't automatically sign into your install Yahoo! Messenger if you don't have it installed. It allows you to web message people within the interface.

I have Yahoo! Mail since my ISP uses Yahoo!'s servers for their email services.

xboxrulz

I dont like yahoo messenger chat since their network seems to be so slow. I dont know how to go into multiple channels and other options. I usually get Indian people over at our regional areas and sometimes it is just too slow and annoying. I am still a traditional MIRC chat user and Messenger/Chat really does not work out quite fine.