xisto Community
Rs-Server

How To Change Your Ip Address. In Less Than one Minute, Change Your Ip

1. Click on "Start" in the bottom left hand corner of screen2. Click on "Run"
3. Type in "command" and hit ok

You should now be at an MSDOS prompt screen.

4. Type "ipconfig /release" just like that, and hit "enter"
5. Type "exit" and leave the prompt
6. Right-click on "Network Places" or "My Network Places" on your desktop.
7. Click on "properties"

You should now be on a screen with something titled "Local Area Connection", or something close to that, and, if you have a network hooked up, all of your other networks.

8. Right click on "Local Area Connection" and click "properties"
9. Double-click on the "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" from the list under the "General" tab
10. Click on "Use the following IP address" under the "General" tab
11. Create an IP address (It doesn't matter what it is. I just type 1 and 2 until i fill the area up).
12. Press "Tab" and it should automatically fill in the "Subnet Mask" section with default numbers.
13. Hit the "Ok" button here
14. Hit the "Ok" button again

You should now be back to the "Local Area Connection" screen.

15. Right-click back on "Local Area Connection" and go to properties again.
16. Go back to the "TCP/IP" settings
17. This time, select "Obtain an IP address automatically"
tongue.gif 18. Hit "Ok"
19. Hit "Ok" again
20. You now have a new IP address

With a little practice, you can easily get this process down to 15 seconds.

P.S:
This only changes your dynamic IP address, not your ISP/IP address. If you plan on hacking a website with this trick be extremely careful, because if they try a little, they can trace it back.

copied from this site

Credits To Crooksey. A Great Friend Of Mine Gave Me Permission To Post.
Edited by moderator
Quoted copied content (see edit history)

Very nice tuto, MopargeekI love the steps 1-2-3-4-5.Usually I skip these steps when I have to change my IP address. However, these 1-2-3-4-5 steps are smart, because doing this you remove your IP address, so you start from a clean startpoint. Which is the most difficult part in a diagnosis work : starting from a clean startpoint avoids non-reproducible side-effects.

Here is the way that I change my IP when I need to:1) start->run, regedit2) go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet3) ctrl+f and type in part of the name of your ethernet card, for ex. broadcom4) press f3 to traverse through the search results until you find your ethernet card settings depicted in the registry5) right click in the white area on the right and create a new string value6) type in some 12 digit value, and hit ok7) disable/reenable your ethernet card via device manager or network connections to get a new IP

With steps 11/17, which makes the ip you have from then?

In step 11, you have to type an address with your hands, you type let's say 192.168.1.2 on the first PC, 192.168.1.3 on the second PC, etc..
In step 17, you ask the PC to obtain an address of the DHCP server installed by your Internet provider.

I never really thought you could change your IP address. I will try this next time I am banned from an IRC server.

Not sure this way will work. This will change only your internal address, inside your home network. This will not change the "real" IP address which is worldwide unique, and is assigned by your ISP, mainly by the settings of your Internet Proxy. So, the changes you will perform will only reflect the way you by yourself see your computer, it will not change your external address, like it can be displayed by showmyip.com, and as it is detected by your IRC server.
You know, cheating with IRC's is an old game, a lot of people spent a lot of time on this, and a lot of other people spent even more time preventing people do do this easily.
So, if you begin in this world, don't be suprized if several tricks you discover will not work properly.
By the way, here at Xisto tutorials, you will see only standard legal features, which will not allow you doing forbiden or hidden things.
Edited by yordan (see edit history)

If you are a newbie on Ubuntu/Debian and need to change your IP:Dinamic:# /etc/init.d/networking restartStatic:# ifconfig eth0 192.168.xxx.xxxNote: This is applicable for LAN: Local Area Network.Blessings!

Thanks For Sharing This Tutorial! :blink: But This Only Gives You A Different Local IP Address. For Example You have The Local IP Address 192.168.0.111.This Tutorial Will Probaly Change It From 192.168.0.*** (*** = Last 3 Digits You Want To Place In Your IP Address). Unless You Have A Static IP You Cannot Change Your IP That Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) Provides For You! If You Want To Get A New IP You Would Probaly Have To Call And Explain Why. People Mostly Change Their IP That Their Internet Service Provider Gave You Because Of Hackers, Crackers etc. Some Internet Service Providers Change Your IP At The End Of Every Month. Which Means You Get 12 Different IP Addresses Each Year!Once Again Thanks For Sharing This Nice Tutorial

Edited by Steven9088 (see edit history)

i have a static IP so steven would this work for me?before i joined this forum, id been banned from a site i liked, and i was trying to change my IP. i couldnt find any tutorials except these ones that took all day to do and then you have to leave the computer on overnight.but the next time i need to change my IP for wotever reason ill do it like this! it looks to be good!

i have a static IP so steven would this work for me?
before i joined this forum, id been banned from a site i liked, and i was trying to change my IP. i couldnt find any tutorials except these ones that took all day to do and then you have to leave the computer on overnight.

but the next time i need to change my IP for wotever reason ill do it like this! it looks to be good!

In order to really answer your question, I need some more info's.
First of all, how did you get this static IP ? Is this the static IP your Internet provider gave to you ?
Secondly, how are you connected to the internet ? Is it at home, connected to an ADSL router ? Or is it at your office, conected to your office network ?
In both cases, this trick will probably not work for you.
Probably you are not connected directly to the internet, you are probably connected through an ADSL router. This ADSL router owns the fixed IP address, and your PC has another address, a private address like 192.168.1.12. If you use this tutorial to change this address to somithing like 192.168.1.22 (another addres on the same private network) this will work but your "external visible" address will remain the same, and you will still be banned. If you change your PC address to another one which is not on the same private network, your internet connexion will simply not work any more !
If you are dirrectly connected to the internet (no router) and if your fixed IP address has been given to you by your Internet provider, you have to use this fixed address. You cannot use this tutorial in order to change your IP address because you will use the address of somebody else, your Internet provider will be warned not to do that and he will simply disconnect your line and you will have no Internet any more until you find a good explanation.
So, unfortunately, in most of cases it's not easy to be un-banned, at least not possible with the present tutorials.

This tutorial explains standard things, for normal users. If you want to cheat in order to do illegal things (for instance if your IP has been banned from a site) the info's you want are on hacker's site. Unfortunately, surfing on hacker's site is rather dangerous, especially for your own PC !
Regards
Yordan

Nice tutorial. Easy to remember. I didn't know you can change IP address with ipconfig. Only use this command to check my current IP. Normally would use the web-base home network software to change them. :blink:

Well this may work for some people...however if you are connected through a network LAN or if you have a static IP address, this isn't going to do anything for you...when connected to an internal local area network you are going to just get a new local IP address, but not a new public one...so i guess if you are having problems with your IP locally then that might offer some help...As for a static IP, this isn't going to make any difference for that, you'll either get an error or end up with the same IP address.

I'm getting a little rounded up here... why would you need to specify an IP address if you're using a DHCP? That alone should determine your local addresses...as far as the access to external sites is concernced, I think you would be looking into proxies -> also -> if you have a static ip address, you should run a nameserverP.S. :> ipconfig /renew should getcha a new ip address off your dhcp...

Edited by polarysekt (see edit history)