xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dj:nich

New Web Builder Is Out

Some of you people may of heard of this software it is called web page maker V2 and i would lay my life on the line you will find this the easiest and most professional designing kit for websites on the internet apart from the all time favorite Microsoft Frontpage but other than that this is the best one around.

Personally, I still prefer using (X)HTML, CSS and a bit of JavaScript to code my pages better than using WYSIWYG editors to generate my pages. This is because WYSIWYG editors usually generate non-semantic, possibly invalid HTML code. Also, I find that I have much more control in both appearance and functionality by using HTML than by using a WYSIWYG editor.

Well with a WYSIWYG editor, if you know how to code anyway, it saves you some time from having to type out commands if you flip back and forth between code view and design view (talking from a Dreamweaver perspective). Certainly coding the whole thing by hand is the best method of keeping things organized and stable, but there are benefits to using tools to type things out for you.I have personally been leaning towards using PHP the most simply because there are so many organizational shortcuts you can use (such as using includes) to save on coding and make it easier to edit and maintain in the future (editing only 1 file to update the site, rather than updating each page on the site by itself).

I don't really use WYSIWYG editors too, but I have noticed that Today newbies, really like to use them and they continue to code in that way and they don't really understand how other people can code simply by their hands, it's like a habit I guess, some people really always use on some better text editors for html or php, they do things with the help of the menu, I guess when you use it and you accept it it may get faster, especially if you need to code a lot, but usually if you're doing programming with php then I guess if you work with Zend Framework and you need to do a lot of work every day you usually use the same core and add the things the client wants, the main thing is to learn it and write the core :mellow:

I'll have to agree that WYSIWYG editors are very helpful but I still tend to code everything by hand. Most WYSIWYG editor tend to write very messy code with peculiar tags and codes. Since so much of my code is actually PHP generated, I have to write the corresponding HTML by hand since it is usually bits and pieces that are later arranged by the script into a single page.I must say that WYSIWYG editors have gotten much better. Some almost even get much of the CSS correct now. :mellow:I like WYSIWYG editors for one very important reason. I get paid a lot of money to repair, replace, or revise pages that have been created by the editors. Many of my clients simply use one of the editors and then don't know how to fix problems so the need a professional to help. Knowing how to read and write HTML makes working on these files very easy.Today, a customer asked me to update the copyright date on every page on their website. In a WYSIWYG editor I would have had to open every file make the change and save. In my text editor, I opened all of the files, used the find and replace function to change all open documents, selected "Save All", and uploaded all of the files at once. There were only 20 pages but it would have been the same amount of time for 100 pages (upload time varies of course)!

I use Adobe Dreamweaver as my WYSIWYG when designing my site. I use the design view to get a general preview of the code, but mainly use code view to write the necessary HTML and CSS coding for my site.