xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Aniki

Starcraft 2

Blizzard recently announced that they've been working on Starcraft 2 for quite a while. It's nearing it's completion. Here are a few pages:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ Screenshots!
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/qanda-session-details-starcraft-ii/1100-6171172/ Information
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/ Official Site

It looks so delicious!! Perhaps even better than the witch touching game!

I've been waiting for this for a long time. Starcraft remains one of my favorite games, and now with Starcraft 2, /drool

Thoughts, comments, rambling?

I'm insanely excited. I wasn't one of the huge starcraft followers back in the day, but I did play it and enjoyed it immensely. Further few games have pulled to following starcraft has over the years so an extension of the series is a great prospect. Blizzard may not release a plethora of games but when they do they are always top notch so I'm psyched for that reason as well. It looks amazing and I don't have any doubts about it yet. Only thing that sucks is if I don't get a new system I haven't a hope of running it.

I'm insanely excited. I wasn't one of the huge starcraft followers back in the day, but I did play it and enjoyed it immensely. Further few games have pulled to following starcraft has over the years so an extension of the series is a great prospect. Blizzard may not release a plethora of games but when they do they are always top notch so I'm psyched for that reason as well. It looks amazing and I don't have any doubts about it yet. Only thing that sucks is if I don't get a new system I haven't a hope of running it.

It looks like it has a bit better graphics than Warcraft 3, I think. Is your system really that bad? Just wondering...

I'm excited as well. I've been hoping for a new starcraft ever since I finished the first one. I'm especially glad for the new graphics, as the graphics of the first weren't good enough to see details. They were good, but I always wished to see exactly what the units looked like. I'm a geek like that.

Well I'm now replaying the campaigns one by one so I will be ready when it does come out. Other than that I am amazed with the graphics, but I was kind of expecting new races to be added, I mean, its not an expansion its supposed to be a whole other game, but either way I'm really looking forward to when it comes out.

Ahhhh, ahhhh, ahhhhh. *Splat*…Sorry about that I now have to clean up my chair.I have been addicted to Starcraft for years and I still play on Battle.Net all the time. I knew they were up to something but I didn’t realize it was this far along. But on the other side of this they haven’t released a date so it may still be another year. Anyone remember Diablo 2?

of course, we all do!

Anyway I made this sig via a stock picture of SC2 and a lot of filters brushes and stuff like that

Posted Image

I'm constantly playing the first part with my friend over LAN. While I was checking for updates on Blizzard's page, I was stunned to notice the SC2 banner. I was literally speechless, since it was my strongest belief that the developers being focused on their fantasy Warcraft universe, will not pay attention to its S-F counterpart any more.For me personally, it would be enough if they put the whole first part into 3D. The sole results of that would bring so much more depth into the game play. From what I have seen in the trailers though, is seems they did much, much more. New units, new strategies, and whole new level of visually-stunning gameplay. It seems they won't rush it out too soon. Everything looks like being well-thought out.I'm waiting. Hopefully only till Christmas.PS. Have you noticed that the SC2 cinematic trailer downloaded is actually a bittorrent client? Just another example of how this brilliant technology can be used to means other than piracy.

Edited by xerxes (see edit history)

Never been a Starcraft fan myself (let the tomato throwing begin <_<), but the sequel will definitely cause a big bang in the gaming industry - even if it doesn't live up to the first part. Thousands of people will buy it on the day it is out, many will even get hold of pirated copies, and then the slaughter shall start :PIf we take into consideration what Blizzard has created since Starcraft: Brood War, we are given a lot of hope when it comes to Starcraft II. Of course, I am talking about the brilliant Warcraft III (along with The Frozen Throne) and the addictive World Of Warcraft. I believe we will se great things from the new Starcraft game :P

I consider Blizzard to be one of the greatest game makers of all time. Their games are addictive, fun, and timeless. Starcraft is just one example, it was made in... what, 1998? and it's -still- played by millions of people every day.I've always been a geek for game world lore, and Blizzard certainly delivers! The Starcraft world has been a big influence on my post-apocalyptic book. The detail they pour into each world is awesome.Anyhoo, Starcraft 2 looks awesome. Can't wait until it comes out. And when it does, you can be sure I'll find a LAN party for it somewhere. <_<

and it's -still- played by millions of people every day.

I would rather say that it is played by million of people in east Asia every day :P But the fact remains that this number is huge. What's more, Starcraft is a part of many important world tournaments, and that has to mean something <_<

Have you guys watched the gameplay trailers? It does seem that just by adding a 3D environment, Blizzard added a lot depth into the gameplay. New units (and the new abilities of the old ones) aside, the battles seem much more visually attractive, and much less randomly-chaotic than before. Is almost feels like they have added quite a good physics system into the engine. You can also operate a larger number of units, which is a nice treat as well. These alone make me horny already...

I heard something about it being released in 2008, the time is coming near!I was a huge starcraft fan, and played broodwar for years, so I can't wait for starcraft 2 to come out :rolleyes: