xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xboxrulz1405241485

Halo 3 Beta

It's great to have the beta!

The graphics and physics are great in the new Halo 3 Beta. The graphics are NOT the same as Halo 2 as some cows (Ps3 fanboys) have said. Maps are a lot bigger and expansive. Some guns like the Assault Rifle and the Battle Rifle has been dumbed down so that it's no longer all guns.

However, the game is not glitch-free either. Some glitches include: zoom in when you didn't even press the zoom button. Messed up colour when you're firing at people and you're being fired at the same time.

Here's some shots I got and related images of Halo 3 Beta.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Have u guys got yours yet?

xboxrulz

I just finished downloading from last night. I guess nothing is impressive yet but man the colors are brighter.I like the smaller touches, such as bush or plants moving independently, dead body floating down the stream--it's more real physics than previous versions.And gotta love the new additions to weapons--the heavy gun with rear view of my player B)Too bad only King of Hill is available at this time...

I've never been a Halo fanboy, I mean its a damn solid game but I've never been one of the people to play hours on end everyday for a month always MPing it up with friends or on live. That said I'm still excited for halo 3 since it IS a very important series in gaming right now so I hope it impresses. Currently what I've seen hasn't impressed me in any real way though, I mean, sure the graphics are bumped up going from xbox to xbox360 but I was expecting more honestly (no, I'm not a ps3 fanboy to stave that argument heh). I just think based on how big of a hitter this is they would already be showing off some graphical enhancements to blow our minds. Normally graphics aren't important to me at all past wow factor but Halo heavily promoted itself based on looks, so I'd expect no less from the third.I'm sure it'll be a great game but I'm still waiting to find reasons to be blown away by it, hopefully the beta will give some people enough insight to sway me haha.

Halo 1 came out when I was in college. We used to play for hours in the dorms because it was pretty easy to hook 4 Xboxs together over a lan. It was a lot of fun. My old roommate after college had an Xbox (I have a PS2) and he bought Halo 2. We played through it MP co-op once and was like "Cool story, but damn, we beat it in a weekend and now have to wait for Halo 3 in a few years". He moved to a new job and I went back to grad school after that, so I no longer have an Xbox let a lone a 360 and I'm not willing to spend the money. Frankly, the WII would be the system I would buy. I have a friend with one and it's quite the hit at parties. Even people, like our girl friends/wives, will play tennis and the other sports game. Try getting them to play Halo....ain't going to happen. I'm sure it'll be a great game. If one of my friends gets an Xbox 360, I'll sit down and play it sure.

Well, since it's the beta, we don't actually know if anything revolutionary would be added into the game.BuffaloHELP, there's more than just King of the Hill, try Team Slayer B). Plus, that gun is the machine gun that you can pop off the gun placements or the portable missile launcher.xboxrulz

I Don't Own A Xbox360 But Uh Don't You Need To Have A Mod-Chip To Play Burnt Games? I Mean If Your Download A ISO Of A Game And Burn It, Won't Xbox 360 Say That It Is An Incompatible Disc? That's What Sony Does. Well Anyway Thanks For Sharing This Information With Us! I'll Be Sure To Tell My Friend. He Has Xbox 360 and Loves Halo So Much, That I Can't Get Him To Be Quiet!

I Don't Own A Xbox360 But Uh Don't You Need To Have A Mod-Chip To Play Burnt Games? I Mean If Your Download A ISO Of A Game And Burn It, Won't Xbox 360 Say That It Is An Incompatible Disc? That's What Sony Does. Well Anyway Thanks For Sharing This Information With Us! I'll Be Sure To Tell My Friend. He Has Xbox 360 and Loves Halo So Much, That I Can't Get Him To Be Quiet!

The title casing made that painful to read, lol. The Halo 3 beta is downloaded via XBL marketplace, so no, you don't need to have a modchip to play it. You can download all sorts of free demos and whatnot from the XBL marketplace, like Beautiful Katamari, which, in my opinion, is a much more addictive game than Halo 3 will be :blink:

Halo 3 will be out very soon, so much advertisements has been out for it. Im surprised how much money has been spent on advertising this game. Microsoft really goes all out when trying to sell a product. But then again I guess they have the kind of money to use to advertise such a hot game that they know will sell and probably bring in new gamers to the trilogy. Halo was actually the first first person shooter that I have played and have enjoyed. Ever since halo I have been trying out many other first person games and opened a new genre in which I like. Halo 3 will defininety be a huge hit with a large game community base which fans will support for years to come...

I thought I read somewhere (Perhaps Actiontrip.com) that some foreign game store released Halo 3 to a couple customers a couple of WEEKS before the release date! I know the same thing happened to Bioshock with Toys R Us releasing a couple copies... My question is, if they can have the stuff in stock that early, why the heck can't they just push the release date closer. I know sometimes they release games based on holidays and such, but if it's going to be a hot game anyways, quit jerking the people around haha. It's almost as annoying knowing that there are some people playing games before the release date than it is when they push the date back just because they want to put it against a good holiday weekend... Slightly off topic, but I heard they pushed back the Hitman movie a whole month just so they could get more sales for Thanksgiving. It's pretty much done, but now we have to wait a month for no reason (other than trying to sucker in movie-goers that don't know about the Hitman series other than the movie itself.) *Sigh*

I definitely cant wait for this to be released on the 25th. For the many reasons that this game has gotten me hyped up are its conclusion to its epic trilogy as well as the many new features to the game such as the first time ever 4 player multi player. That is probably the most I am looking forward to in the halo serious. To be able to enoy and play the main campaign with a friend instead of having to kill them, haha. Hopefully I will be able to play the only story mode with you guys here as well. This game is a definite must if you have a xbox 360, just playing the beta is not enough we need the real deal and its everlasting games fullness..