xisto Community

Hello everyone ,Is there any chance to install cPanel 11 in Xisto ?I read that there is a way to have your site as a drive in your computer so you can add and remove from

I don't know if you are aware of this but cpanel x was installed but for some reason, the upgrade cause a whole lot of problems for everyone that range from whole site shutdown, MySQl error, phpmyadmin errors the works. So they had to downgrade back to the old cpanel and are most likely trying to figure out what happen during that installation process.

As far as I know, Cpanel 11 is still in development. Cpanel 10 is still the latest stable version. Anyways, it isn't a good idea to install beta (or alpha) control panel software until it is 99% stable because it interacts with the server hardware. The last thing needed on any server environment is malfunctioning hardware due to beta software.[N]F

I have tried it, and it's brilliant :) There are some things I would change in the File Manager (which is waaay more advance now, and has code highlighting), but I suppose it will be different in the final version. However, as nightfox said, it's not stable yet - but as soon as the final version is released, I think Xisto should upgrade. It's worth it B)

Astahost shouldn't upgrade to any alpha/beta/gamma/RC versions of software for hosted members to use. This is because there are feature improvements going on as well as bugs in the software. Wait until it is actually released, then install the software. I would like to see this new and exciting cPanel 11 implemented soon, but unless it is stable, I don't recommend it.The only betas that I have tried and used were Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Thunderbird, Internet Explorer, Flock, Windows Vista Compatibility Test, Maxthon and few other Internet applications that I forget. Otherwise, I am not a big fan of BETA (although I do encourage small groups that test stuff out).

hmmm....i have looked around and it seems as though this new version of cpanel is definitely an improvement over the old one, however, like others I agree, it needs to be released as a stable version (and maybe even be out as stable for a little while) so that all the bugs and kinks can be worked out....The last thing we want it for it to not work and cause all of our sites to go down.

So it has syntax highlighting and such in the web editor?Sounds like it finally has some more use full features, it'll make viewing and modifying code online a heck of a lot more enjoyable lol.What version are we running at the moment (haven't checked recently)?

So it has syntax highlighting and such in the web editor?

Absolutely B) The new file manager, along with the code editor, is mind-blowing. Apart from user-friendly design, the ease of use has improved vastly. Just as you said - it is now a pleasure to edit files through cPanel :)

Well all though these days I do mostly everything locally with my own chosen tools, it's nice to hear it finally has it.Wonder what changed there mind lol.

Cpanel 11 is the best control panel of that sort I've seen.I hope they do upgrade to 11 because although it will do, this version isn't all that great. I've only ever used 10 and 11 so I might check out parts of 9 and see what it's all like.

Ummm...I'll check...Yeah theres a cron jobs thing in it so i presume you can. I don't even know what cronjobs are so yeah.

The code editor is not working in ChromeCpanel 11

Ive been trying to edit my codes/script in the code editor but the codes displayed are overlapping and makes me hard to edit. Is this one of the bugs that are not compatible with chrome?? or is it chrome?? cuz I try used other browsers and it display just fine...

-reply by krayon