xisto Community
SilverFox1405241541

Security Questions

Can you edit the access logs? or is that disabled (i hope so)?Can you close ports or have an admin?Is someone able to open a unix shell to edit the server settings or is that somehow blocked?Can I virus scan the site (the old CPANEL had that option)?

The access log is just a text file located in your home dir (or a sub dir), you can do whatever you want with it.Which port to be closed? What's the reason?I don't think shell access is available.Virus scan is available right from the cPanel, just use it. (Note: it only scan files in your account, not the databases)

Can you edit the access logs? or is that disabled (i hope so)?NoCan you close ports or have an admin?No, Admins can do it.Is someone able to open a unix shell to edit the server settings or is that somehow blocked?Not Possible. The File permissions won't allow general users to edit them.Can I virus scan the site (the old CPANEL had that option)?Yes.