xisto Community

A bit vague, no? There are many who believe the opposite even though they haven't even touched it yet. When you make a topic about something you like, it does help if you explain yourself more.

Try to explain what you like and what you don't like, this helps others who are still in doubt B) .Personally, I'd describe Vista as 'okay', a bit slow, a bit overdone but when configured correctly it does what is should do, working :)

Vista=SlowMy computer= A workstation! from Dell!Workstation= A very powerful computer used to make 3D animations and program nex-gen games!Vista also= Crash v2.0! Now with the ability to corrupt important system files!Okay, Vista is fine for the average user, but for a Network Admin, this is just another frustrating release from Microsoft. The last good OS (in my opinion) was Windows 2000.

My first vista experience was with a friends laptop. I hated it before and i still hate it. Yeah sure it looks nice and all but really it gets annoying how they have the whole virtual folder and real folder stuff, i personally have absolutely 0 need for virutal folders so that is another reason to add to the already huge list.Some other examples such as driver incompatibility are shocking. I couldn't even get the laptop on the net because the drivers were unsupported. Lucky it came with a dialup modem though to use the backup dialup account.Other stuff such as gaming. I am a gamer and i can say that the performance is WAY below what i'd expect, the core OS stuff takes up too much resources that drain game performance.As i have mentioned before i have absolutely 0 interest in upgrading to vista anytime soon, might wait until SP2 or something comes out for it-HellFire

Well i invested in this software as it was the THING to have but i was not as happy about it as you seem to be but if u brought a computer (laptop) with it in then you have basically paid out for a laptop with it in but if you are installing it may i suggest you stay with XP as it laggs your computer up yes it may look better but other than your self and screenies why pay for it other than the fact that Microsoft will not be supporting XP after i think they said 2010 but by then it will be normal for everyone to have Vista or even another new operating system but if u want it may i suggest you use a Vista Transformation Pack 6.0 as that does not lagg your computer up and does basically the same B)

My first vista experience was with a friends laptop. I hated it before and i still hate it. Yeah sure it looks nice and all but really it gets annoying how they have the whole virtual folder and real folder stuff, i personally have absolutely 0 need for virutal folders so that is another reason to add to the already huge list.Some other examples such as driver incompatibility are shocking. I couldn't even get the laptop on the net because the drivers were unsupported. Lucky it came with a dialup modem though to use the backup dialup account.
Other stuff such as gaming. I am a gamer and i can say that the performance is WAY below what i'd expect, the core OS stuff takes up too much resources that drain game performance.

As i have mentioned before i have absolutely 0 interest in upgrading to vista anytime soon, might wait until SP2 or something comes out for it

-HellFire

I find Windows Server 2003 the best Windows ever. Rock solid, super fast, not much headaches (except that disabled UPnP!!)

xboxrulz

I'm happy with XP, it does what I need it to and that's all I really care about. Given what other people have said about vista I have no plans to upgrade, especially with the security.

The reason why I run Vista is because I need the newest Windows Movie Maker to get the Nero plugins to work with it. The Movie Maker in Windows XP doesn't work with them.Another reason is that they streamlined the Run As function, which I use very regularly. Other than that, aside from gaming, there's no other reason to run Vista this year.xboxrulz

I've heard that the Windows Vista OS is very laggy, and right now annoying. I plan on getting a Windows XP Pro 64-Bit OS. For what i use the computer for, im already used to this windows setup, and do not want to deal with the trouble of figuring out where everything is, though its probably similar. I still want to get vista though because it looks good, and i wanna try it out, even though people are trying to tear it apart lol. Well, hopefully microsoft puts more time into vista and makes it .. better ?

"very laggy" is dependant on so many factors. Of course you need better hardware to run some extra functions, but as it is an option I don't see why people cry about it. Yes you can downgrade Vista functions to accomodate your PC's hardware. For people like me who invested in better PC's it's great to have.Myself I find multi-tasking with Vista easier for several reasons (preview/faster responsiveness/..) and on this same hardare machine on which I ran XP earlier I have a better experience as I found XP acting 'cloddy' after a while. I had to defragment/format all the time to ensure it kept on running steady. In fact I haven't defragged/formatted since I got Vista RTM in November and I don't notice any slowdowns at all. I've only gotten a bluescreen once from plugging in a broken iPod that caused hardware failure. In other words, don't have this one freezing.While Vista does supply some nice new eye candy and there are plenty screenshots of those, for some reason many seem to think that this improvement went to the cost of performance/reliability. Performance is a good guess if you don't have the hardware to support it, so you just disable it. Nay sayers claim that you shouldn't get Vista then as if it's the only new feature. It's definitely more reliable, despite the lack of Service Packs.XP had many faults at release. Reason you don't see a Vista SP yet is because there is no real need. People assume the release version is brokenbeyond recognition until they get "a SP or 2".

I personally think Vista is a good operating system eventhough i find no compelling reason why a Windows XP user should upgrade to Windows Vista unless they do want a new computer (which has happened to me recently so that's why I got Windows Vista myself). I like the transparancy alot and especually Flip3D. Many people are complaining about Vista only becuase of the System Requirements which many computers were not capable of before Windows Vista's release or that they 'just' made it to the requirements. I suggest if your going to upgrade your Windows XP computer to Windows Vista or If you are going out to buy a new computer with Vista pre-installed, you would most probably want...Windows Vista Home Premium/Business/Ultimate NOT Basic1GB Memory and maybe having a ReadyBoost USB stick/Memory CardDuel Core processor either AMD or Intel. (I got AMD 1.6Ghz Duel)256MB graphics card60GB hard drive for around 35GB memory for your personal use.Then all the other Windows Vista Premium Ready system requirements. If you have these System specs, you should be able to run vista with ease. I passed all the Premium Requirments and even passed those specs above with Vista Ultimate with 120GB hard drive. But its only up to you if you want vista or not. B)

There are those who do want Basic instead since they have no use of Premium. Especially the low end PC systems. Even I installed Basic on my PC, because I have no use of other functions that I don't need.xboxrulz

Understandable. Actually when i baught my PC, it came with Windows Vista Home Basic. I wanted the Flip3D and transparancy that makes Windows Vista ...... Well ...... Windows Vista! That is why i upgraded mine to Ultimate and I am happy with it. Without those features, its just as good if you just stick with Windows XP!