xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hazemmostafa

Browsers Take Much Time To Open IE7 and FF

Hello guys , Hope you are all living a happy life First of all I have a P4 processor with 1 mb ram and 120 Gb HD also my PC is loaded with programs and tweakers ,My computer was working fine and fast with windows xp professional and I was able to do whatever I want To get the idea I was chatting with a friend , watching a youtube clip , downloading a 1 giga file while utorrent getting 150 kb downloads .My problem started a couple of days ago .I have internet explorer version 7 clean - meaning no addons or yahoo,google,ask,search bars No bars at all because these bars disable writing in arabic which is my language - I am from Egypt - and also I have Flock a firefox version with Photobucket support with 3 addons gspace and youtube grabber and dTa ( Download them all ) .When I open Internet Explorer it takes about 5 sec to show even with no home page ( about:blank ) and when I open Flock it takes about 10 sec to show also no home page !!Temp cleaned , addons disabled , History removed , Cookies removed ... Nothing left :ph34r: I just want to have a solution to this and hope one of you guys try to advise me what to do to at least reduse this time Please dont just say (you have to format your hard drive. )

I can't think of anything off the top of my head besides the usuals. Defragment your hard drive, cleanup windows temp files, run antivirus, run spyware and adware removal tools. I know you mentioned a few things but if you haven't tried these I would suggest doing so now. The spyware/adware could especially be an issue if the wrong one got on your system and is mucking with your browsers (which would make sense for such creations).Past this I thought I'd just point out that you should always expect firefox and derivatives to take longer then IE to open just due to the setup and integration that IE has into windows. But that isn't too relevant.So yes, try the things mentioned above if you haven't already and let us know how it goes. Good luck.P.S. - I assume 5 seconds for a program to load is horrible for you? I mean, personally 5 seconds doesn't seem that drastic that it would prompt me to assume my computer was messed up, but thats just me.