xisto Community
Aniki

Worst Website In History

http://www.dokimos.org/ajff/

has got to be the worst website I've ever seen. Other than the religious message, the background is so busy, it hurts... literally, my eyes are on fire. There are popups, of course. Some greek thing down at the bottom, or russian, I wouldn't know.

View at your own risk, it's horrible. It was even made #4 on worst websites of 2006 on webpagesthatsuck.com

That looks kind of like one of my first web pages. :ph34r:

A few things that would make it better:
1. A solid background!
2. Valid HTML 4.01 Frameset (at least!)
3. Actually, it should get into XHTML 1.0 Strict and don't use frames at all!
4. Better organization of navigation
5. A better use of images and color.

I don't think it will ever conform to WAI Priority 2 but it will definately be better if it is fixed.

On http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com/, I really didn't get how that #1 site sucked. It had nothing on it!

Oh my goodness that website really is..... bright...and...hurt my eyeballs. The site feels so random. The background, mixed with the religious quote, and the ads, as you mentioned...it's just crazy.

For a minute I was hoping whatever site you were talking about was someone's atrocious myspace page :ph34r: Those things are so out of hand now that people think just because they can put 40 media formats that all conflict with each others space (on page space, noise space, whatever).But yes, some people shouldn't be allowed to release the annoyance incarnate they call a 'website' onto an unsuspecting populace.

and I always tought the website from my previous school was the worst ever :)
But it sucks anyway, horrible colorscheme (dark red + bright blue), navigation is a nightmare (50% of the links opens a new tab) and because the photo albums are made with Strontpage, they only work in Internet Explorer (and they even know, they've put a notice on the website, yellow on brown, that it only works in IE) and last but not least, it even had popups :ph34r:

enjoy it: http://www.smcb.be/nl/Default/6281/Home.aspx

No, see, the message is that you must either conform to the message above or wait for your eyeballs to slowly rot as they continue staring at the hideous rainbow-filled screen. [/sarcasm]It's definitely a horrible site. I do wonder though--how can the webmaster him/her self not be utterly repulsed by the bright colors? Wouldn't their eyes die as well from the overexposure? Or perhaps they're used to seeing stuff like this and don't really care anymore. Or maybe they did it on purpose just to freak people out. I mean, yeah, I've seen sites with badly placed graphics...but this totally takes the prize. XD

Hello,

Undoubtedly this is a horrifying site ever made. Either the designer is a teenager or a novice. I have made a conclusion on the guy upon seeing his site.

He likes bright colors because he likes them or he is blind in some way

He likes Doves

Likes hymn music

Was very confused regarding what background to use so he uses all of them for each article

I mean the fluid in my eyeball turned bloody(blood capillary sprung a leak due to stress).

I loved this topic though, It was damn funny where the wife should make the guys submit to ogod and only they can do it. They can dominate their husabnds but CANNOT Dominate their husbands...Go figure

Wives should teach their

husbands submission

Either the designer is a teenager or a novice.

I'm a teenager and there are lots of teens who do sites who don't do them that *BLEEP*.

I thin the guy actually knew a lot of html...I couldn't do a background like that. However he seemed to not know how to properly use his html knowledge.

And its Greek not Russian B)

I had a Stats professor one year that had a screen saver on his office computer that put that to shame for bright colors. It was basically brightly colored (as bright as that site or brighter) geometric shapes popping up at various sizes on top of one another... but they popped in about every millisecond leaving it simply a flashing mass of seizure inducing pain. After seeing that I came to the conclusion that there must simply be people out there that actually think color combinations and movement on top of them (that make normal people want to scratch their own eyes out) are actually attractive.Oh the interwebs, when will you stop amazing me.

Personally I find bright, flashing colors very attractive within moderation.

However that site is over the end. And just...most people don't find flashing lights appealing so don't make your PUBLIC site something your AUDIENCE won't like.

I would say this would be another bad site I came across when I was looking up movie rumors for games and what not when I cam across this

http://vindmegaman.ytmnd.com/, the background begins to hurt you eyes after awile with al that running.