xisto Community
vujsa

Please Vote On The Design For My New Website Logo! The Entries For The 30 Credit Logo Design Challenge.

Who Will Win The 30 Credit Logo Design Challenge?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A little over a month ago, I issued a challenge to the members of Xisto to design a logo for my website, Handy PHP. The winner or winners could receive as much a 30 hosting credits from my credit bank if their design is selected to be used. Well, it didn't get too much attention until I moved it to another forum. If you would like more information on the challenge, please read the original topic: 30 Credit Logo Design Challenge!, Design A New Logo For Handy PHP And Win 30 Hosting Credits

Please review each of the entries and cast your vote. Some of the resolution could have been compromised as I had to combine the images into one per entry since there is a limit on the number of attachments in a single post. The images are also probably scaled down to fit so you'll have to click on them or view the original topic to see them in full size.

Please feel free to leave your comments as to why you voted how you did but please be sensitive to the feelings of the designers that submitted their work. It only makes it more difficult to get people to offer their ideas if they are afraid to be ridiculed!

Anyway, here are the entries. I think it will be a close race.

Voting ends May 15th!

Saint Michael 001:

Posted Image

Team Destiny 07 001:

Posted Image

livingston 001:

Posted Image

livingston 002:

Posted Image

niru 001:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

"niru 001" looks clearer and elegant, but you need something more... common things are not good enough.Your sites need more colors!. Blue is my favorite, but many blue sometimes change my opinion.Keep the good ideas. So far good work!!

Edited by develCuy (see edit history)

Saint Michael and Niru are my favorites. They're both clean and simple, with not too much going on. The reflection effect is nice, too.

Really, i dont like no one...I voted in first.if its was possible...would like to participate sugesting "the" logo..CreativeLabs make the difference!we're just in time to send a new logo, or not?

I like Saint Michael's the best. I think he struck a nice balance between simplicity and design. Niru would have gotten my vote as well if there were multiple voting possibilities, but though nice, just a tad too plain for me. He should get some credits though for his favicons, i think those are the best of the bunch.

Thanks for each and every guys for such nice comments and sugegstions!

I'm not a good or Professional designer! But I can say that, I tried my level best to get those credits! ( hehehe :ph34r: )

Anyway, My personal choice will be Saint Michael 001 only!

He had created one nice logo with nice effects!

That will be much better than mine! I like to appreciate Saint Michael for such a wonderful job!

Thanks & regards,

Niru

I have to say that I really like the simplicity of the last one, niru 001...it is very simple, elegant, and professional.The first design doesn't trail it by far, and so I also like Saint Michael 001.However the other designs....i do not care for at all....1. niru 0012. Saint Michael 001

Although I am not a professional more like a noob with 2 years of experience :ph34r: , I see some good designs, idea's and professional layouts from everyone and of course good luck to everyone else. If I were able ot multi vote I would place my votes for the following:niru-faviconlivingston-text effect

I'm glad to see all of the input I'm getting on thiis topic. I'm looking forward to reading more comments and seeing how the poll results turn out.Thanks to everyone that submitted a logo set and everyone that has voted and commented on the designs submitted.vujsa

YEAH!!! I won!! I think I put my face in the background somewhere B). I have to say that there were some good designs in this contest for vujsa's site, I like to thanks those who voted for me and stuff :).

I guess it's anonymous then B) Saint Michael, you did a great job on that logo. Perhaps a bit lighter in the blue to match the Handy PHP site?

Although Saint Michael 001 and niru 001 do look much more professional than others, they are graphically elaborate and quite detailed. I agree that they are the best looking ones, but they may not go well with the simple and straightforward design of your webpage, which doesn't even employ any special fonts or animations (to great effect). I think that a logo should fit into a webpage seamlessly, rather that stand out too much, hence I chose livingston 002.

Well at the time of the deadline, saint-michael was in the lead with Niru following closely behind. Thanks to everyone for participating and voting in this contest. This weekend I will review all of the votes, opinions, and suggestions and make my decision on who will receive the bulk of the credits. I still haven't figured out how to award credits to saint-michael but every entry will get at least 10 credits! Bet more people wish they had entered the contest now. B)Also, I may use a combination method for the final images to be used but I think that most people agree that every entry had something positive to contribute.I'll reply later with a breakdown of the distribution of credits to the participants after the weekend. Been so busy. Needless to say, this will cost me a lot more than 30 credits. :)vujsa

Bummer, I just voted on niru LOL.I really liked niru's and actually Sain Micheal's was great too but it reminded me too much of old netscape navigator for some reason.And LOL @ 10 credits for entrants.