xisto Community
CHASETOWN

Windows Vista Is Awesome! Ive recently got Windows Vista and Ive had very few problems

ATTENTION ALL READERS! WINDOWS VISTA IS AWESOME - I REPEAT - WINDOWS VISTA IS AWESOME!

I think Windows Vista is an incredibly good operating system which allows you to do so much more than XP. The new look, design, simplicity, controls and layout are all fantastic. I've got a clock and a calendar on the right hand side of my desktop and all my icons easier and clearer to recognise. It takes under 5 seconds to log in and the graphics are just great. I've got Windows Vista Home Premium and as long as I install the compatible drivers, all the software works!

I'd also like to mention that I play RuneScape, and once I had the new Java installed, I could keep the Premium layout when I play because without the new Java, the layout will switch to Basic. You can download the new Java program at Java.com.

Hope you enjoy reading! :ph34r:

See you soon, pplz.

----------

CHASETOWN POST #001

Can we see some screenshots of your computer running vista?I have yet to experience the operating system, and so I would like to see some screenshots from people, other than just the ones from all the magazines, news sites, etc...

I've used Vista, and I didn't see anything that was all that great...Putting a clock and calender on your screen like Vista has isn't all that hard to do just with XP, you just can't do it (To my knowledge) with the OS itself, which doesn't make much difference.I've never seen or heard anything yet that would make Vista really worth all the time and **** that it's taken to come out.In fact, the only unanimous comments I've heard about it is that it takes up alot of system resources, which I know is true.

I don't see what all the hype is about either. I think people got too excited about it before it even came out. Besides those little "widgets" with the clock and the Aero interface (which I already heard some users turn off already), there's nothing dramatically improved that I know of. I need to test it out myself to see how is the stability of that system. I think it's built using the Windows Server 2003 code, but correct me if I'm wrong :ph34r:

Also, as you pointed out CHASETOWN, as long as you install the compatible drivers, everything will be ok. This is a big issue for older hardware. Those upgrading to Windows Vista would basically mean upgrading their older hardware components if a Vista driver is not released for them yet.

I don't see anything awesome about it yet, that youtube link and what can be done with Windows Vista, all that cool stuff is almost useless, but yeah cool, I think I was doing that kind of things, moving the screen and using a 3D desktop a year or more ago on Linux with KDE environment, furthermore, not everything works as it has to, if I was a windows only user, I would still use XP and would wait at least for a Vista Service Pack 1 or even 2 and only then use it as a "stable" operating system, approximately after ~2 years, at that time I think more users will have much more better hardware and will be equipped with at least 1GB of RAM and better Gfx cards, CPU's and etc. So the resources hungry Vista will be usable and etc. Software, which in my opinion is the most important thing will be optimized for Vista after that time too, so I don't see any point of rushing and changing Vista to be your main OS. :ph34r:

I've had my Vista running PC for over a good month now and I have to say I'd prefer XP over this. I had to uninstall the current Vista theme, download WindowBlinds, and change the theme so my desktop could run faster. Unfortunately the regular unzipping feature takes about a minute or so to take out a file, so I had to get WinRAR to do that too. Vista is nothing but eye candy to me, and see no real improvement over XP.

I don't see what all the hype is about either. I think people got too excited about it before it even came out. Besides those little "widgets" with the clock and the Aero interface (which I already heard some users turn off already), there's nothing dramatically improved that I know of. I need to test it out myself to see how is the stability of that system. I think it's built using the Windows Server 2003 code, but correct me if I'm wrong B)

Also, as you pointed out CHASETOWN, as long as you install the compatible drivers, everything will be ok. This is a big issue for older hardware. Those upgrading to Windows Vista would basically mean upgrading their older hardware components if a Vista driver is not released for them yet.

All the hype is that it sucks... all it is is 10+ gigs of graphics and pretty eye candy and is as stable as a newly born calf trying to walk... and that is being modest. Honestly, when I had vista installed, less than half my software worked and 1 gig of RAM is NOT ENOUGH. After bootup, 57% of RAM is used up! What the heck?!? NOTHING is running exept Aero and the GUI... it shouldn't be using THAT much.

The techs at my school have already decided that we're keeping Vista out of the environment. XP will be staying for a long time.

[N]F

The techs at my school have already decided that we're keeping Vista out of the environment. XP will be staying for a long time.[N]F

They made a wise choice. Vista is in need of a lot of work, and I doubt it'll be fixed by the end of this year. Best to keep XP (or XP Professional) instead of wasting away money and getting headaches over a shiny new interface.

I most definitely agree, I have no plans for even trialling Windows Vista unless I get really, really, really bored!!!!!There's no way my hardware (RAM/HD/GPU/CPU) would be able to handle the OS and average use in it's current state and considering how long they took to roll this out, they could have done much better.Why didn't they just improve on XP........ or 2003 in a manner that actually makes sense. I'm sure we would all expect the requirements to boost a little, especially for all the niceties but it's sounding a bit far too ridiculous.

Why didn't they just improve on XP........ or 2003 in a manner that actually makes sense. I'm sure we would all expect the requirements to boost a little, especially for all the niceties but it's sounding a bit far too ridiculous.

The designers at Microsoft came up with the new interface so it can be more "easier" for anyone (even those who are not that computer savvy) to use. But as with many other things, an easy thing for one person, may be more complicated for others. Windows Vista is supposedly built using the Windows 2003 Server code with some improvements. So I would guess that it should at least perform better in the long run at least. Once they get all these compatibility issues resolved (as with Windows XP when it came out), I'm sure businesses and home users will feel more comfortable moving to it. My company don't plan to work with any Vista machines until maybe two or more years from now.

It sure is easy to commit slander when no one asks you to back up some of those claims. Or I have the impression some just pretend to be dense. The alternative is not pleasing.

They made a wise choice. Vista is in need of a lot of work, and I doubt it'll be fixed by the end of this year.

How so. Security, drivers? I'd say it's standing well on its feet, and driver issues as experienced with post XP-release have been handled for the majority before release. Notice how it took considerably longer than before.

Best to keep XP (or XP Professional) instead of wasting away money and getting headaches over a shiny new interface.

So you admit that Vista is but headaches and only a new interface. It's amazing how much people can learn from reading. If I compare myself to your case, it would be like me reviewing Spider-Man 3 without having seen anything but the movie posters. I think the effort is wasted on you, but do yourself and others a favor and enlighten yourself on any product before you commit yourself to reviewing and advising.

http://winsupersite.com/windows/windows-vista-0

Spider Man 3 sucked..... it actually sounded better than it was for me lmao.Vista has more than a new interface, but the fact is alot of people aren't going to see or care about the other stuff all that much. So the interface change is all alot of people may see.I like a nice smooth GUI, but if it's as boggy as I have heard (*if*), that alone puts me off as well as the basic requirements. You'd think they could improve it, not just slap more crap over it.When's the last time you saw Microsoft release an update that actually improves performance of anything, you can't tell me there OS's ship out the door with perfection lol, and what about bugs that were present in Windows 95 and still reside today in WinXP and Windows Server 2003........Wonder if they fixed those in Vista..... might have been one reason why it took so long.