xisto Community
Danmidas

Vista Transformation Pack Vista.....without the bugs

This program will transform your Windows user interface to ultimate Windows Vista alike looks that everyone will never notice it’s the same old Windows XP (or 2003) unless you tell them

Vista Transformation Pack will replace many of the resources in Windows XP/Windows Server 2003. It can change such things as:

* Boot screen

* Welcome Screen / Logon Screen

* New msstyles files (visual styles)

* New desktop and file icons

* New toolbar icons

* Progress Dialogs

* Sounds scheme

* System Tray icons

* New Wallpapers

* Windows Media Player Skins

* completly reversable, just go into add/remove programs to uninstall it like you would any other program

* And much more

The program is downloadable from here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Images

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by XPkiller (see edit history)

I have attempted to use the transformation pack on a copy of xp and it nothing short of killed my install. It overwrote files left, right and center and corrupted a few files along the way. To have the new UI, I thought it was worth a few small problems - but the end looked nothing like it did in the screenshots.So my advice, use with caution. And, If anyone has been able to install it to look like above, please share how you did it!-jimmy

IMO the reason it looks like that is because he's using the Vista Transformation Pack and Stardock together. That's necessary for the total GUI skinning and transparency effects. I personally don't like stardock appz because they seem to slow down the system too much, but if you want looks more, then go for it. I have installed this on both of my computers. I don't know which version you installed, but i would recommend either the latest stable 5 release, or better, 6 final. there's alot of copies of 6 RC1 floating around labelled as final, so re-download from windowsxlive if in doubt. Any antivirus or protection software running during the patching can also mess up the tranformation. The you have to wait for all the security dialogs to pop up and cancel them all, otherwise some files may revert while others haven't. I switched to a different vista skin, which is why my windows look different than the screenshots above.

Posted Image

Posted Image

so I have to be running stardock to make it look its best! Do I have to have the full version (the one you have to pay for) or can I be using the free version?

well it just slows down your computer but hey it will enhance your environment. so it is up to you if you install it. I uninstalled it after 3 months of used, I think i just got over it and dont like it anymore hehehe

I see no point in installing it, your desktop would look nice but still. I'd prefer faster performance over looks. I have used one different skin in the past and changed back, you get to the point where you have to relearn where everything is with some of these packs.Plus you never know what they can stuff up when you install them. Big risk in my opinion.-HellFire

That's true, although i would tend to trust this guy's stuff, as it's been taken apart and gone over, and no one's found anything to suggest he's bundling hidden stuff.

Hello ,I just solved delay problem with my computer ( windows XP pro - 1 Gb Ram - 120 GB Hard disk ) by uninstalling vista transformation pack ..Now everything runs as fast as I expected and I feel like having a fresh PC .Internet Explorer and Flock open fast and the XP theme looks good to me considering the processor percent free I got by the uninstall of this vista transformation pack .It is just a ( Performance via Look ) as HellFire121 said .I dont know if you find all these clock , calender , RSS reader , weather , download and upload meters , counters , number of whatever dispaly and a remote control for my windows media player which cost me about 50 to 60 % of my PC speed .and all these will not be show when you open a web or a program ..hazemmostafa

well, mine runs it like a charm, ive got it on nowmy school also runs it, so you either have a crap PC, or something is taking up one hell of alot of stuffive timed mine, it starts faster with the VTP!

Hm, I've got to say this has me intrigued. I might just have to try it out later once I'm home. Maybe not though, we'll see haha.And I think everyone understands there may be performance issues. For people who spend all day on their computers working on less then intense things a nicer environment look is a welcome event. I know I personally cant stand the xp default theme so either go silver or classic on every computer I use for an extended period of time.If this works as well as it says without too heavy of a performance hit I'd probably use it.