xisto Community
turbopowerdmaxsteel

Game: Stop Stop -> How Timely Are You?

Out of boredom, I turned one of the games that we used to play some times into a .NET application. The game named Stop Stop is pretty simple in concept where you need to stop the clock as close as possible to the checkpoints 10, 20, 30, 40 & 50. You earn scores based on how close you reach to the checkpoints. It maintains an online record of the scores obtained by players which can be seen by anyone along with the offline scores.

Here's the link to it: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Here are some screenshots:-

Main Window

Posted Image

Interactive Update

Posted Image

Please drop your suggestions/feedbacks so I can improve it.

Edited by turbopowerdmaxsteel (see edit history)

Its sounds cool, simple but probably addicting. I can open in though. I extracted the Stop Stop.zip and tried opening it but Windows XP asks what program to open it with. I tried looking at the properties and cant seem to find how to open it. Any suggestions? Is it suppost to be a .exe file and extract again or is that one file the actual game? I look forward to playing it. Seems like something you could play all day lol.Thanks,Sparkx

Its sounds cool, simple but probably addicting. I can open in though. I extracted the Stop Stop.zip and tried opening it but Windows XP asks what program to open it with. I tried looking at the properties and cant seem to find how to open it. Any suggestions? Is it suppost to be a .exe file and extract again or is that one file the actual game? I look forward to playing it. Seems like something you could play all day lol.Thanks,
Sparkx

My appologies! There seems to have been a renaming bug. Please rename the file you just extracted to Stop Stop.exe or re-download the compressed file. I have fixed the name issue. Best of luck in your playing. I can assure you of great competition.
Edited by turbopowerdmaxsteel (see edit history)

The new game looks very cool. Better then the beta. This new look should make people want to try it more. You must know c++ pretty good. I was just starting to learn c++ and it seems like a cool computer language. I love how you can do just about anything. I was just a little confussed with the whole depth of screen and lighting while using 3D. I hope I could make a game like your one day. Good luck,Sparkx

I just downloaded your game and installed it - but when I started playing, when I clicked the 'Start' button, I receive a 'Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow' error message. Just thought you might like to know.I downloaded the version off your website. (Version 1.0.127.0)-jimmy

The new game looks very cool. Better then the beta. This new look should make people want to try it more. You must know c++ pretty good. I was just starting to learn c++ and it seems like a cool computer language. I love how you can do just about anything. I was just a little confussed with the whole depth of screen and lighting while using 3D. I hope I could make a game like your one day.

Actually, the game is built on good ol' VB .NET. I haven't really got a good hold of Direct X programming yet. So, I had to make the game in the form of a simple Windows Forms Application. It is very essential to have a strong liking for the essence of programming, as that is what gives you the driving force. You've got the right attitude, my friend. Just keep up the good work and you'll master the language very soon.

I just downloaded your game and installed it - but when I started playing, when I clicked the 'Start' button, I receive a 'Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow' error message. Just thought you might like to know.
I downloaded the version off your website. (Version 1.0.127.0)

That is a bit weird because the game's running fine over here and on one of my friend's PC. Considering, that the game wouldn't get installed without the proper .NET Framework, I believe you have .NET framework 2.0 or higher. Was that a one off occasion or are you still receiving the error? Can you post the entire error log over here?

Thanx,

Max.