xisto Community
yuhuu

Could I Get Shared Ssl?

I need to test the ssl capability of my website,,could you allow me to have a htpps directory?

I think it is not possible since an SSL connection requires a dedicated IP.
Well, unless Opaque or the other server admin will create a shared area where we are allowed to put files with SSL support.

How legit does it need to be? It can be from just making https go to http files, to buying an ssl certificate for each server(Which I think is something like 120 or 180).edit:I really doubt even paying customers could get creditcard-level security.

Edited by toby (see edit history)

Gosh, Toby,, It is like a very normal thing for you,,but for me is totally new. All I know is that I need the lock to appear in my website, so people would feel comfortable typing their data. I did it before in another server. The administrator gave me a shared ssl, which meant that I could add files to a https folder. Could you explain me that, step by step. How to do it here in Xisto???

All the the free accounts are on one server, or at least also spread over the paying ones, so theres about five dedicated ips?

I doubt that there will be five dedicated IP's, you can have your hosting with a dedicated IP making redirections on you hosted account. I use to run a linux server and I have around 17 dedicated IP's which goes to different partitions and most of the time just folders over the webserver I am using.

Guess that the only way to have a shared SSL is to have the admins setup one which I doubts they will do it that way. Having a shared HTTPS can cause visitors to be tricked that the site is really secure. In cases that the site was really secure, there will be no means to install a certificate since it was shared.

I knew it was kind of hard, so I just wanted to verify if it was possible to activate share ssl for some users...My intentions are not to trick people, I actually want a somewhat secure site, that will show the lock in the browser window....Do you know of a free web server that offers free SSL?

I knew it was kind of hard, so I just wanted to verify if it was possible to activate share ssl for some users...My intentions are not to trick people, I actually want a somewhat secure site, that will show the lock in the browser window....
Do you know of a free web server that offers free SSL?

No offense man, I say it generally.
There are only a few that do offer and they put a lot of advertisements.

---

Try googling for some, most that I found do close after a year or so.