xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Huntzoru

How To Play World Of Warcraft For Free! 100% legal

Ok Wow is an awsome MMORPG witch is based on the world of warcraft. Any way the games great but the $15 monthly fea is a bit heavy but never fear i hav found a totaly legal and free way to play WoW. Just read my 5 step guide and u will be playing in no time.1. got 2 a website such as xtremetop100.com or gtop100.com.2. Looking at the left control pennal on the left side of the computer screen u will see a list of games sutch as runescaoe,mu online and World of warcraft. Now press wow.3. This requires the retail or full version of Wow. Once u press wow u should see a bunch of websites sutch as wow castle and DarkRevilution. These r called private servers. once u register to 1 u download a file from there.4. The file will be a WoW realm file so wat u do is copy the file got to ur WoW game file and goo into realm list file then paste the file but b4 u start WoW u need to grab the old file and move it somewhere.5. Now u r ready 2 play WoW free of charge.

I did this a very long time ago but I really don't reccomend it for anything other than maybe playing with a bunch of friends at a lan party. This, first of all, is illegal, you are not supposed to do this and blizzard gets pissed if they find out that you are. Second, no one plays on these servers, what is the point of playing a MMO if there isn't even a single player to play with. All in all its a stupid Idea, but I do think if you could make your own private server, modify the xp rates and drop rates of items it might be fun to have at a lan party.

If you're playing on a private server, you'll probably be the only one there. It may be fun for a bit, but I bet you'd get bored of it eventually. As Arkane said, it is illegal, and Blizz quite the angry. I would not recommend anyone do this.Though, Arkane... you need to tell me next time you have a LAN party with WoW.Anyway, $15 a month isn't all bad.

Though, Arkane... you need to tell me next time you have a LAN party with WoW.

Didn't say that I have already, I'm just sayig it would be awsome to get 25 people at a lan party on a private server raiding Gruul's Lair could be fun, but it's illegal so don't do it!

Personally I think that with over 6 million subscribers Blizzard wouldn't care less to have a few hundred playing like this. I remember a post somewhere saying that Microsoft thought pirate copies of their software was somewhat beneficial to them because it helped the users get to know the products, and in the long run if they needed support they would go and buy the registered version. So in this case it might be like this. If a person plays in a LAN with a group he will find it's a lot of fun, but quite difficult to gather always a constant group, and might consider subscribe at least once. What is more, there are thousands of private Starcraft & Diablo servers all over the world, and I've never heard of Blizzard doing anything about that. In fact, there's a huge server in my country with a couple thousand people and it's always full. In a way, it increases the fans of the game all over the world, and everything is revolving around their games, so in the end it doesn't hurt them.

Me and my friends from my guild (from a payed WoW account :P) started our own private server for some of our guiles to play on, and really it just gets completely boring after awhile unless your playing with a few friends. Its a lot easier than paying, and cheaper, but I just like the actual challenge and bigger community more.Private servers are very fun, especially on those late night 3-4AM sessions on Vent :P, but the actual game is just more fun. Nice time passer too, if your getting frustrated about the real game, or wanna try out some armor sets or weapons before you get them in the real game.

Edited by DocEvilTitanium (see edit history)

Of course blizzard gets angry, they are greedy and want to FORCE you into paying their $15 a month, that is too high for a game like WoW.

I hate wow, never actually played it but, the point is its a rip off, they charge you every damn month you play, why should you have to buy a game then pay for it again and again, I have battlefield 2142 and they have free servers to play on, WoW is just a rip off you waste your time playing it then they bring out another expansion pack, oh wow another expansion, at this rate that game is never going to end, so much for peoples broadband. Get something that is going to last.-Blue

Dude -.-

How To Play World Of Warcraft For Free!

I actually agree with Valkyria about blizzard not caring. I mean, put yourself in the position of the player. He doesnt wanna pay but all his friends say it's great, so he loads a pirate version.

Fun for a little bit, but then it gets boring. He wants to play with other players and so convinces his parents to pay 15$ a month. Not that much. Plus, now that kid is spreading the word that its much better on the real servers.

So Blizz gets 3 things:

1) payment for the game, even if its kinda late

2) They taught a law breaker that cheating is no fun

3) and they have one more spokes person crying out against pirate servers.

Believe me, I've played WOW, and the numbers of players means that the income received every month must be high millions, if not billions of dollars. They probably couldn't care less about what is probably 10,000$ a month.

-Vince

Playing WoW for free is no hard task to complete it just takes time to search and research the necessary tools needed to play it. There has been a lot of leaked code out there to run WoW servers on your computer. But your computer can not probably handle the traffic that you will probably get when you host a game like that for free. You would probably need to get a server box to hold the world, another server box to hold the created accounts, and probably another to hold the npcs and enemies that are within the world. Even if you happen to get one server up and running you will and can count on hackers trying to make a mess of things when you try to host it on your server. Maybe some of the blizzard members themselves will probably try to mess up your server just for trying to attack you back for trying to create something that they have created.So its just probably better to just go to their official server and just pay the monthly fees to enjoy the world that they have created. If so many have joined the game and flushing more money into it, it has to be that its good enough for the price of the monthly fees right? If you cant afford the world of warcraft game you could try the numerous free games out there, or try the one time pay mmorpg, guildwars that recently came out with a good quality game graphicly and story, it is not much of a open space like world of warcraft, but it does offer the same competitive play that you can find in world of warcraft.

How do you change from a private server to the normal server for WoW?

How To Play World Of Warcraft For Free!

I was on the normal server for WoW then decided to play for free through a private server. Now it's gone and I want to change back to the normal server in order to play WoW. But, I don't know how to change back. Can anyone help me?? Thanks, D.