xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lonebyrd

What Would You Want? TV simulation game I am trying to design

I am in the middle of making a TV simulation text-based game. Problem is, I've become pressed with the problem of what exactly might people want in a TV sim. I've got some vague ideas about starting as public access channel and moving up to different levels after that. Hireing certian staff which could increase the profits of shows. Number of staff and crew that would fit into certain size offices. Those are some of the things I am working with now. But I've come up short with things like advertisements. I would like to know what things people would like to see in a TV sim that I am not thinking of. I want it to be as much like television as possible. I was thinking of some kind of database of real actors. I know I am rambling here, and I hope this post makes sense to people.

real actors would be cool, but kinda costly id guess. What i would look for is how easy it is to beat. IF theres a demo, the would i be able to beat it in the demo, if not would i want to keep going, and buy it? Would the demo be so short that it makes me mad and doesnt get me hooked. What i can think of is mabye like when you start theres like a bunch of people to compete with (is this like an online one, like interactive or Player V.S. computer?) like say 30 npcs then when you move up theres 25 then like 20 then mabye 17, 14, 12, 10, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, then you win or something. But you can only get up to the 12 mark in the demo(if theres a demo at all). I think that if this game is good, much like the ones on http://download.cnet.com/windows/ you could have that company that does like the 1 hour trials do it for you those games sell for $20ea and i must say ive bought a couple. May i suggest if you do tgo this route, youmake 2 hour trails, because the 1 hour ones make me mad lol.I hope i helped and didnt go way off track, i just dont like it when poeple dont reply to my things so i figured id give my good ol' two sense.Hope i helped and good luck,Zemon1P.S. i two am making a text based game called BigBusiness, if you could give me some help or ideas that would be wonderful, love to hear your opinion.