xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wtjy1380

Dark Matter Dark matter... Missing mass of the universe?

Do you believe that dark matter exists?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

DARK MATTER

Alright i believe most of you should have heard of Dark matter.
Definition: "dark matter is matter of unknown composition that does not emit or reflect enough electromagnetic radiation to be observed directly, but whose presence can be inferred from gravitational effects on visible matter." -quoted from wikipedia

A scientist named Zwicky estimated the cluster's total mass based on the motions of galaxies near its edge. When he compared this mass estimate to one based on the number of galaxies and total brightness of the cluster, he found that there was about 400 times more mass than expected. The gravity of the visible galaxies in the cluster would be far too small for such fast orbits, so something extra was required... but what was it?
Thus, this was known as the "MISSING MASS PROBLEM". There should be something, unseen and undetected, which would provide enough mass and gravity to hold the clusters together.

After reading some other evidences and latest news, I do believe in this theory:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
http://www.zpenergy.com/modules.php?name=Nle&sid=2313
and many other websites that i've deleted from my browsing history, unfortunately. Check it out, it's really amazing.

So, what are your opinions? :ph34r:

Personally, I don't think is it is about belief but possibility.The thing is that, at the current state of human knowledge, we just don't know how the problem of missing mass is "solved" in the universe. Although the theory of dark matter is plausible, and in fact quite possible, we simply have too little proof for it's existence. And when we are talking about science, I think that you cannot really believe, or disbelieve something, you need to have a proof.