xisto Community

Hi, What happens to the Cpanel, i notice that it changes to a default view and also that the Fantastico Scripts dissapears, is it related to a huge server update???? When does it can be accesed again????Best regards,

This might be a "good" thing for some users. I noticed that some of the members here liked the classic cPanel interface instead of the newer look :ph34r:It's probably still in the works. I don't see Fantastico listed in my cPanel as well :)

According to OpaQue, they will be back. When they fixed the server Hard Drive they had to relicense the software (I think thats what he meant anyway) which means that we should be getting it all back soon enough. But for now, were just going to have to work without.

this is what he said;

1. phpMyAdmin -> Fixed. 2. Fantastico -> License being re-issued and re-installed.
3. Email errors -> n/a
4. Site suspension -> n/a
5. RvSkin -> License being re-issued and re-installed.

This is the link to the topic about the Server Issues where OpaQue posted the information. http://forums.xisto.com/topic/92892-topic/?findpost=1064368290

Yeah I personally don't mind the change of layout either (can that be toggled?).I did notice some things missing, like a direct link to phpMyAdmin but maybe that will return or like some things already mentioned hasn't been fully fixed/installed/done-up etc as of yet?Oh btw this is a rather quick post before bed so I haven't read all replies, but is there anywhere to read up on the specific changes of the cPanel update? probably doesn't affect me but I just like read that sort of thing lol.

The cPanel layout/theme can be toggled if it's enabled. I think this feature is disabled by OpaQue since I don't see this option anywhere in cPanel.

I tried to access phpMyAdmin through the MySQL Databases link...I guess the database is still down until further notice :ph34r:

Are you referring from the version update (like cPanel 9 to cPanel 10)? If so, they have a change log which you can look at:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

You can browse back to previous versions and see what updates were made.

@WeaponX - when did you try and access phpMyAdmin, cause for me its working fine! i can access phpMyAdmin and all my databases are fine. I do have a problem connecting now and again, but it only happens now and again!

I tried to access phpMyAdmin through the MySQL databases. I was trying to access it right around the time I posted my last reply...just to see if it worked or not. It's probably still "iffy" for some users or at certain times.

Yeah I noticed it too the cpanel theme has changed..Is this a new version? or is it just a temporarytheme for their maintenance. I could not affirmed for the missing links because I have not fullybrowsed the old cpanel before so I cant really notice what is missing

For me, the CPanel is set to rvlightblue, I was always using it, as it was faster, due to almost no images needs to be loaded, so I didn't notice any theme change or something like that using CPanel on Xisto. Moreover, I am also experiencing mysql failures and stuff, usually my blog just changes skins to the default one and gives some connection errors while ajax is active.. But as it been said, it happens once and again, not always.About phpMyAdmin, I have a link to it, but the version isn't the latest one, but close to it and I don't see some features of it, like when you select the table and choose Operations.. maybe it is just configured like that. :ph34r:

The RvSkin is back now! same as before! The only problem im still having, and its not that urgent, but fantastico isn't working! When i try to open it using the icon in CPanel i get a file not found error.

Not Found
The server was not able to find the document (./frontend/rvblue/fantastico/index.php) you requested
Please check the url and try again. You might also want to report
this error to your webhost.

Thanks to OpaQue and everyone who has solved all the problems so far!
-jimmy

The RvSkin is back now! same as before! The only problem im still having, and its not that urgent, but fantastico isn't working! When i try to open it using the icon in CPanel i get a file not found error.

Thanks to OpaQue and everyone who has solved all the problems so far!

-jimmy

Yes, the RvSkin is back, and the fantastico issue still dont working i get the same error.

Another problems that i found are relating the RvSkin and with the Language, when i try to change the skin or the language to other it shows a page saying something like:

this The changes will take place in a minute, if your browser dont show you the new panel close this windows and open again the control panel

but also it shows this error message:

Error!! Missing WHM Remote Access Key.

BTW, thanks to OpaQue and all the technical staff, as usual they do a great job.

Best regards,

That's a bummer TavoxPeru, luckily for me I don't really need to touch the CPanel at all right this minute sort of thing (I didn't have any issues aside from missing icons though).So fantastico is still bugged eh?What is RvSkin? Is that what changes the theme/layout of CPanel? (I haven't heard of it before).

That's a bummer TavoxPeru, luckily for me I don't really need to touch the CPanel at all right this minute sort of thing (I didn't have any issues aside from missing icons though).
So fantastico is still bugged eh?

What is RvSkin? Is that what changes the theme/layout of CPanel? (I haven't heard of it before).

Yes, fantastico dont work yet and i dont know if RvSkin is the correct name of the theme/language manager.

Best regards,

So what you call RvSkin is the theme/language manager for CPanel?I'm just curious as it would be nice to be able to change the default (aswell as the layout, not sure if that can be done?).Could it be a possible feature, or one that can be turned on?

About the Fantastico, it isn't really needed, you can do the same by downloading the script from the net and installing it manually, which isn't hard in my opinion, those kind of software in my opinion like Fantastico, makes the users more stupid :ph34r: Now the script installers usually are one step and makes everything automatically, the only steps you need to do is to create a mysql database with a user and password, which also is very easy with CPanel and usually you need to chmod with ftp or file manager somekind of a file or directory to be writable..Of course some scripts have configuration files, but usually Today they have panels with which you can change everything, so I don't know if it can get easier..