xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Aequitas619

Adsense Rate How much does Adsense pay?

Hi Aequitas619, there is no "set" amount you can earn from each click. It will vary by each advertiser and the range can be a huge difference from one advertiser to another.Most users also want to know which ones are getting the majority of the earnings. As far as I know, only Google and the advertising companies themselves know about this.If you have good content on your website, I'm sure the ads will be a good fit and earn some money from them.

Does anyone know how much Adsense pays?
I know it all depends on how many click throughs you get and what country they come from but does anyone have an idea of approximately how much I could expect?

Thanks

This is kind of a difficult question to even try to answer but I'll be honest with you!

Right now, my average CPM is $0.36. That means for every 1000 ad impressions, I earn 36 cents. That is for a website about PHP and Content Management Systems. So most of the ads on my website are related to those subjects. If I were to change my subject material or even have a single article about something different, my ads would change and I could get higher or lower paying advertisers.

You really need to read this article by microscopic^earthling: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

So, there really are a lot of variables to consider. Additionally, due to the size of his website, the diverse content, and a lot of hard ad optimization on his part, m^e's website has a much higher CPM than I do. :)

So until I add more content , I have to rely on increasing traffic to earn more money. With more or different content, I should be able to get a larger advertiser base and as a result, my CPM should increase if the new advertisers are better than the ones I'm getting now!

Right now, I get anywhere from $0.02 to $4.06 per click! Obviously, I need to try more for the $4.06. To get more targeted, I'll need to track what content is getting that type of ad and add more content about that subject.

But, keep in mind I started my AdSense account in December 2006 and have an average CPM of $0.15 but so far this month my average CPM is $0.49.
So the more optimization and content, the better. It also helps that I have about 3 times as much traffic now as I did in December.

I hope this helps. :ph34r:

vujsa

Thank you for your replies. I read the article by microscopic^earthling and found it most informative and I will keep a lot of what he said in mind when I build my sites.He explains how it is important to keep your content relevant and to use the ad filters effectively!Also, I noticed an ad from "AuctionAds" on microscopic^earthling's site. Does anyone know anything about this?

Edited by Aequitas619 (see edit history)

Thank you for your replies. I read the article by microscopic^earthling and found it most informative and I will keep a lot of what he said in mind when I build my sites.
He explains how it is important to keep your content relevant and to use the ad filters effectively!

Also, I noticed an ad from "AuctionAds" on microscopic^earthling's site. Does anyone know anything about this?

Yes, m^e's articles are quite informative on his website. It has helped me generate more revenue on my website and he also offers a great deal of other very useful information I have studied. I think the thing that I most need to implement from his website is to add content. I mean he has added a lot of content. As a result, he is probably getting a lot more search engine hits and retaining many more visitors for a longer periods of time than I do! This difference directly relates to the amount of ads displayed and click which in turn directly relates to the amount of revenue he is generating.

As for the ad from "AuctionAds", you should contact m^e about that. My guess is that it was served by Google AdSense since his article discusses how advertisers "bid" on ad placement. Google sometimes gets a little confused about what the reader is actually interested in. :ph34r:

Just be sure that you track each of your ad placements on your website using channels. When you first start, you will need to adjust what kind of ads work in what positions on your website. For example, sometimes an Ad Unit will not work as well as a Link Unit near a menu or vice versa. Overly large ads might get ignored by the reader because they are obviously ads whereas a smaller ad could be seen as an information link and clicked on! Some pages on your website may benefit from a different approach to the use of ads. For example, I recently increased the amount of space I use for ads in my downloads section. Since most visitors in this section are just there for the free downloads, I have to rely on total ad impressions to generate revenue from this section of the website. I have also noticed an increase in the number of clicks I get a along with the number of impressions I receive. Because I set up a channel just for this section, I can see that the increase is directly related to the changes.

Other than that, read through the AdSense article here and do a little trial and error! It won't take long until you figure out how to make some money with your website.

vujsa

Yes, m^e's articles are quite informative on his website. It has helped me generate more revenue on my website and he also offers a great deal of other very useful information I have studied. I think the thing that I most need to implement from his website is to add content. I mean he has added a lot of content. As a result, he is probably getting a lot more search engine hits and retaining many more visitors for a longer periods of time than I do! This difference directly relates to the amount of ads displayed and click which in turn directly relates to the amount of revenue he is generating.
As for the ad from "AuctionAds", you should contact m^e about that. My guess is that it was served by Google AdSense since his article discusses how advertisers "bid" on ad placement. Google sometimes gets a little confused about what the reader is actually interested in. B)

Just be sure that you track each of your ad placements on your website using channels. When you first start, you will need to adjust what kind of ads work in what positions on your website. For example, sometimes an Ad Unit will not work as well as a Link Unit near a menu or vice versa. Overly large ads might get ignored by the reader because they are obviously ads whereas a smaller ad could be seen as an information link and clicked on! Some pages on your website may benefit from a different approach to the use of ads. For example, I recently increased the amount of space I use for ads in my downloads section. Since most visitors in this section are just there for the free downloads, I have to rely on total ad impressions to generate revenue from this section of the website. I have also noticed an increase in the number of clicks I get a along with the number of impressions I receive. Because I set up a channel just for this section, I can see that the increase is directly related to the changes.

Other than that, read through the AdSense article here and do a little trial and error! It won't take long until you figure out how to make some money with your website.

vujsa

Great article by m^e! I love the fact that this community is not only built on providing top nothc quality hosting, but offers rich content on the side. I'm seriously considering placing adsense on my site. I've read dozens of articles and reports on how to strategically place them but none of them cover what m^e revealed.

Awesome!

I was thinking about putting adsense on my website when I'm finished, but I don't think I would be getting a lot if they pay per click, because I don't think a lot of people will go to my photo blog anyways except my friends.

Install a stats plug-in. Look at your visitors. Look where they're from. Is it really just your friends? Do you plan to put your blog "out there" in the world?You'd be surprised how people might wind up on your site...

an essential piece of software to go with adsense is a visitors status checker. Something that logs where your visitors are from, where they came from (backlink, page, search engine...), how they stayed, what pages are popular, etc... And through that, refine your google adwords. Not just letting them "sit there".

What I find frustrating though, is the wait time to be accepted into google adsense. They say " one, to two working days", while it usually took more than a week in my case. Makes you think your request got lost somewhere...

However, as to the OP, I'm really curious as to how much people actually earn per month. I'm not asking what the average is, I'm asking what people actually earn and on what site...?

Since I started using AdSense, I have averaged $0.21 per click. This includes click income as well as impression income. So, I have an average cost per 1000 impressions of $0.73!So I average about 3.5 clicks per 1000 ad impressions.Of course, if I use more recent figures instead of everything since I started, my averages get much better.I still average $0.21 per click but my average cost per 1000 impressions is $0.91.That translates to 4.3 clicks per 1000 ad impressions.This means that the ads I'm showing now are more likely to get clicked on and more importantly, I am getting a lot more visitors so that means that I am getting many more impressions.I don't have a way to determine my true cost per 1000 ad impressions without the click data but I imagine it is about $0.01!I really need to improve my content to attract higher paying ads but for now, I'm doing okay with the traffic I have compared to the income I generate.Hope this helps.vujsa