xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

What Software Do You Use?

Hey, What graphics software to use for exsample Photoshop CS2, The Gimp.I personally think The Gimp is the best because it free and can do everything photoshop can do also they made Scooby Doo with the gimp, so if they can make Scooby-Doo with the gimp im sure you should be able to make perfect graphics with it.Theres plently of tutorials on there forum and instant help if you get a problem all you do is post it and within 10 minutes you will have a reply.Alot of brushes and fonts are there.If you want to use GIMP Please contact me via PM and ill send you a link to the GIMP's site if you like and there forum...Remember Gimp it.(Oh and also you can change the Splash screen)And don't forget what software do you use?

I'm using Photoshop CS1. Frankly 7 did everything I needed, but I bought the entire CS Suite for Mac. I'll upgrade to CS3 when I eventually switch over to Intel Macs. But with my friends in the industry dumping their PPC based machines and offering them to me at a good price, I have no plans to switch in the next couple years. (although likely to get a new laptop this fall that will be a MacBook) Frankly it's not Photoshop I need as much as the Kodak and Flaming Pear plug-ins I use on a weekly basis. I do a lot of photo restoration for folks and the Kodak plug-ins do an excellant job without a ton of tweaking. Now there are a few things I like better in the GIMP. For instance, I think GIMP creates better lens flares than PS. That's just a personal opinion. I like GIMP a lot and it wasn't for the plug-in's, I wouldn't need Photoshop.

I am using Gimp, but as I usually need simple stuff, so it is enough for me.. and now, when there are so much documentary, tutorials and other support for it, it is really easy to use it, the first days I was using it, several years ago, there weren't so much good/real tutorials about all the stuff and people weren't so supportive on different #gimp irc channels on different servers, now everything changed into a good way! Also, if you know some scripting languages, it is easy for me to write some script if you want to make the same operation for more than one image and etc. I only used Photoshop trial versions, so don't really know what it is capable to do, but personally, one graphic designer told me, that he prefers using Photoshop as it has more features and can do much more and etc. I believe him, but Gimp is really a good and FREE alternative, usually simple people don't need all those features in Photoshop, some people are happy using software like IrfanView to scale their images or to create thumbnails :ph34r:

I like Photoshop, of course, the most. I'm using version 7.0, pretty old, but when switching to the newer versions, I find there to be little differences. If you can't afford Photoshop, I recommend Paint.NET. :ph34r: The interface seems more similar to Photoshop than The Gimp to me.

I use Photoshop CS2, no.. i dont need all the feature of photoshop though they are handy most of the time for me.I only need Imageready and if there was a program that can surpass what the usefullness of image ready with respect to the way I use it, then I will switch.On other purposes, I use fireworks, Gimp and Corel depending on what I view as the fastest method to do my task.Photoshop for my photo extensive needs like photo editing and printing them back on negatives/films.*******I am a webmaster and a desktop programmer, being able to create small icons and small graphics is enough for me.

I'd have to say Photoshop 7.0 hands down. I've been using it since its initial release and have yet to upgrade to CS2/3/whichever they're on now. I see no use in trying to get another one, but I might as well since I did upgrade my computer. That, and I can see what the big deal everyone is making over it.

Hello ,As a graphic designer I use Photoshop to edit and design all my work Photoshop is one of the best programs I think + the idea of designing web pages using it is very simple and the results are wonderfulI design about 7 websites using ps and all work fine and my customers are satisfied it usually takes about an hour to create the first page and 10 to 15 min for each extra page and you charge the same for each :ph34r: CS3 is cool but i prefer CS Once you finished the webpage u may need to add some js to bring it to dynamic eraSecond choice is Ulead Third choice is paintshop

Haven't tried Gimp... i'm using Adobe Photoshop cs2 for all my designs.. really good and handy... you get to play with the tools and whala! you can get different creative designs (of course also depends on your creativity).. really good and can't work without it when it comes to photo editting, designing and other creative stuffs.

I personally use Adobe Photoshop cs3 since it is the best thing out there right now. I tried GIMP one time but hated it completely just a horrible setup it has, but hey what can you expect from a free program right? Paintshop pro is also another one that is pretty good but whatever.

The GIMP is horrible. i hate using it and it also gets complicated. The best free on is paint.NETbut i usually use photoshop CS2.shwaggy, i used to have paint shop some how (dont remember how i got it)I uninstalled it, its horrible, i wouldnt pay for it anyway.

I personally use both Adobe Photoshop 7 and Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9 for my projects. I find that there are just some things that I prefer to do using Paint Shop Pro, as opposed to doing everything in Photoshop.For animations, I use Jasc Animation Shop 3.

Currently at the moment I am using Photoshop CS, and I enjoy it quite well. The tech computers at my school use Photoshop CS2, and I use that every once in awhile when I have to but my eyes are set onto Photoshop CS. I think I enjoy using this program so much because ive been using Photoshop 6.0 for a long time and when I went to CS I just stuck with it, I spent about a year on and off learning how everything worked and I've gotten quite good at the program. My friend uses Paint Shop Pro and I enjoy using Photoshop a lot more even though my friend keeps saying that Paint Shop Pro is more "User Friendly". If you can master using a lot of the cool tools in Photoshop CS or even CS2 there are an endless possibilities you can do inside these programs.