xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Killer008r

Chess :p The board dosnt say computers only :P

I've been playing the game Competitivly for about 5-6 years now winning the scholastic national championship once. Lol But I stopped playing last year so I'm a bit rusty, Any one else play Chess? Like Chesseo? maybe? :ph34r: I gotta swich classes now so... I'll post later and finish the rest of what I was going to say.

I know that I'm answering your post late, but I do enjoy a good game of chess sometimes. I am very rusty though, so I may not be a match for someone who has won championships! I can't even manage to beat my computer at it. I just play the included version on my Mac. I go to some online websites like yahoo to play chess occasionally. If anyone else is interested in playing, just post here and we can probably organize a game or something. Just let me know! Best, Trinifawk

I haven't played chess in a while, but I know how to play. I'm very bad at the game though, a 2 year old can beat me. I know some people who are so crazy about the game of chess, they've read tons and tons of books on just strategic moves in chess. The game is fun, but when they play me they get so competitive.

I hardly play the game because I'm realy bad at it, even Laurence could beat me at it ;) . The problem is that I can't concentrate long enough so there is no way I can think about possible strategics, especialy in the beginning. Near the end when I've already lost a lot of pieces and making one wrong move means loosing, I can concentrate a lot beter ;) . Playing against a computer is a no-go, they are way to good and even the dumbest setting is too smart for me ^_^ .

i also join the non-players side, it just can't do it! i try to think of strategies, but then the other people (and computers) will just fins something i didn't! I just dont have the mind for it!

I have been playing chess for many years now. And each game I played was always different and it was usually with different players. I have won and lost many... and a lot I have never been able to finish. I would pair chess with checkers, because usually one would be played right after the other... But I can't compare the two by any means, it just oddly seems that that happens.I learned chess when I was young, and I have been able to understand it quickly... It was the opponents that would have different chess experiences. I played against my wife, but we just weren't able to finish.... We are both too stubborn, and we have some different playing styles... I have an older travelling version from like the 70's that my mom gave me many years ago. My daughter started getting into chess now, and she played a lot of chess with me and her grandmother a lot this past Christmas. And I play my daughter a lot nowadays, as long as I have enough time to get into a really good game. She just turned 11, and she is getting into learning strategy, so I help her when I can... and she is understanding the importance of being a good sport.Well, how nice that I can actually post about playing Chess. And that is nice, because I will always be an avid chess player. And I love to teach my kids, too.- skedad -

I didn't think people would post non-virtual games here, but oh well. For me, I haven't played chess in a long time, I usually play Chinese chess instead.
xboxrulz

...Chinese chess? Have I missed some cultural reference - and it's just another name for some other game - or is it actually anything different?

EDIT: Hmmm...a little bit of Googling makes it look a pretty interesting game, actually. Of the handful of links I looked at, I think the first result (link here) gave the best looking introduction. Definitely a game worth looking at, although personally I never got much beyond the level of regular checkers. ;)

Still, at least I know it's not the same game as Chinese checkers, now. ^_^
Edited by Mordent (see edit history)