xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Need A Javascript To Enable / Disable Buttons I need a script

Hey...I need a javascript script(I think its java)What i want the script to do:You have 2 buttons on a page 1 is a enter a different part of the site the other one is a vote which brings up a pop-up page. i want the script to make it so you have to click the vote button before being able to click the enter button.If you can do it,Thanks. post the script here

Errg. There's a pretty big difference between Javascript and Java. What you're asking for here is most definitely Javascript, which is used on the internet to make dynamic web pages. Java is a whole different matter entirely--it doesn't have to be used on the internet and is quite versatile in terms of uses. (Servlets, applets, so on and so forth)

As for what you're looking for, I'd suggest you search Google. I just searched for "disable enable button javascript" and this script came up. Perhaps something like this will help:

<script language="javascript">function enableField(){document.form1.address2.disabled=false;} </script><a href="java script:enableField()">Click here to enable the element<a/>

Basically the form element address2 is disabled from the start and when you click on the link that leads to java script:enableField(), javascript will change document.form1.address2.disabled to false which enables the form field. As for your pop-up, you could just make the href part direct to a popup as well as have the javascript function called.

disabling buttons in jsp

Need A Javascript To Enable / Disable Buttons

I have several text fields on my jsp which becomes editable only on clicking the 'edit' button corrosponding to each field.When I click the edit button for a particular text field,it becomes becomes editable and save button appears inplace of all the edit buttons

-reply by shilpy