xisto Community
Omkar™

Cannot Sign In To Gmail

Just today morning I woke up longing for an expected mail in my Gmail mailbox. It wasn't in the Inbox, so I thought of checking the spam mail. But looks like it definitely isn't a great Monday morning for me! :ph34r:

When I try to sign in to Gmail, the browser just gets redirected a thousand times and ends up nowhere, still redirecting! There's no 'Loading' page or 'This seems to take longer than usual' page either. There is little internet activity (something around 1.5kBps). I really don't remember the last time I signed in to Webmail since I use POP3/SMTP with my favorite Email client and seldom need to see the site!

I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.3 and it works great for everything else (obviously, everything else does not include what I'm trying to accomplish! :P ) But I also tried logging in with the ol' IE 6 (It was quite an effort digging out the exe from the parent folder itself! I almost never switch to IE) : and its giving the same problem (Hurry! I was actually thankful IE didn't show signs of supremacy over Firefox! :) )

But the problem remains, I still can't login to Gmail! Can anybody help me out and has anybody faced a similar problem?

Yes, when the internet is really slow i have a hard time signing in. even if it finally loads the login page, it tries to load the page and if there isn't a decent even dialup connection, the it just goes in circles, if that much. But sooner or later it pops up the error message and asks you if you want to check it in basic html, and usually that works eventually... though it can still take a while. either that, or your ISP messed something up. it happens occasionally here, but they usually get it sorted out in a few hours.

I know at my university, or at least in one building there, gmail and google have been hideously flakey the last 3-4 weeks. The internet would be working fine but upon trying to access either google primary or gmail itself it would often time out without warning. Since I forward all my emails into my gmail account you can imagine this is a pain in the butt.Basically all I've done about it is be patient, trying to reload the page every minute or so usually it works after 3-5 tries. Obviously these could be unrelated issues but google has, in the past, been very very reliable so I would say just be patient and keep trying.

Few things you could try, clear the cache or just keep refreshing the page until something shows up. Clearing the cache might or might not work. If clearing the cache doesn't work and the page doesn't seem to be getting anywhere best thing to do would be to just try again later, usually always fixes the problems.-HellFire

The same thing happened to me when I tried to sign in using Internet Explorer (don't ask why, spur of the moment) - just an infinite loading loop. When I tried the same thing with Firefox, it worked. So I guess you could try Opera as the last option :ph34r:

Google has recently deleted several Gmail accounts that are reported to be used for spamming. In the process of deleting these accounts, it has deleted several non-spamming accounts, I've read several people complaining in their blogs that they were not able to access their accounts. So get in touch with Google GMail Support team if any of the above said methods by other memebers dosent work for you.

I fail to see why people think firefox is such a great program. If IE had the features of firefox, it would most definatly be a greater web application then firefox is. Nothing against firefox but i dont see the point in download firefox if you have the latest IE version, as it allows tabs, which i think is the most useful feature of firefox.

I fail to see why people think firefox is such a great program. If IE had the features of firefox, it would most definatly be a greater web application then firefox is. Nothing against firefox but i dont see the point in download firefox if you have the latest IE version, as it allows tabs, which i think is the most useful feature of firefox.

This may be off topic, but I have IE 7, and it does have pretty much all the features of FF, but I noticed that FF can load pages 10x faster than IE, and that's why I use it. Also there are tons of great plugins that are only made for FF.

I have multiple Gmail accounts one for when I sign up for things like forums and newsletters, and my personal account, and for some reason I think they deleted my non person email, because I can't log in too. My other email works fine though. I've contacted them but they haven't responded..
Edited by Laurence (see edit history)

for some reason I think they deleted my non person email, because I can't log in too

Didn't you simply forget your password ?I had this problem once. I never write down my passwords on a piece of paper (simply for security reasons), so when I forgot my password I still have a valid account but I simply cannot connect.

I don't like being signed into Gmail while I'm not using it :rolleyes: . I creatd my own IGoogle page but sometimes I create a new Gmail address for someone and sign in to test it. When I do this my IGoogle setup reverts back to default :) does anyone know how to stop it doing this? B)

gmail doesnt work on wii's anymore since they updated it. my brother has a wii and since gmail updated last week, the only time he can get on it is when it says the connection is slow and it gives you the option of viewing it in basic html.gmail works fine on my computer though without problems.