xisto Community
vujsa

Current Server Issues That You May Have From The April 6th Hard Drive Swap And Cpanel Upgrade Place your issues here

I keep seeing messages in the shoutbox that there are issues with the server and cPanel. If this is true, then why hasn't anyone made a post about it?

To begin with, I have no control over the server so complaining to me or in the shoutbox doesn't help. None of the staff has control over the server so they can try and contact those that do but in the end, we really need a post about the problems.

The shoutbox simply has too short of a life span for reporting problems.

So please reply to this topic and this topic only if you have any problems NOT already posted in this topic. I can't figure out for sure what is working and what is not since my account seems to be having a different problem at this time!

vujsa

this isn't really a problem that im having (my site is working fine and everything is back to normal) but...the new cpanel doesn't ahve the fantastico link so i cannot install anything from there. im not sure why, just hoping you had an idea! thanks anyway-jimmy

Ok well i was waiting for an annoucement here on Xisto like on the trap boards that I posted over here yesterday a couple of hours after the problems started.Ppl have been posting thier issues on that thread mostly.Here are the problems that I can see...No mail at all..No PhpAdmin..MySql connection issues (I use Joomla a lot and on page refreshes it sometimes spits out Db connection errors)..also it took a while for the MY SQL dbs to be displayed in the Cpanel even tho MySQL was up and running..I am frightened to do anything to the Dbs apart from back them up..I need to add content to a few of my sites over the weekend but I really dont want to mess with the databases while they are in this state.

I just noticed some errors on my sites, about php and mysql:"Warning Error: (mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)) in file siteFunctions.php on line 75""MySQL Failure: Database connection error: "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) (localhost)"But sometimes there is an error and sometimes/usually there isn't, so thought to bring this to this topic :ph34r: I noticed it only Today.Strange, but my Wordpress Template/Skin changed to default one, I didn't do anything :)

Edited by Quatrux (see edit history)

Other issues that have come up people public_html folder spits out an error saying the folder doesn't exsist thus a 404 error is displayed. Me and a couple other member assume since it the HDD has signs of Disk failure that some accounts could be corrupted and files lost for those who have problems with their public_html folder. So hopefully everyone has a back up of some sorts. If this is an unlikely scenario about corrupted accounts the files most likely have been saved somewher and so once all the problems are figured out about these updates then everyone's sites should reappear again.Some other problems that have come up is that some people don't FTP access either.On the Fantastico thing, due to the fact it was recently Upgrade, OpaqQue most likely has to test everything out in Fantastico ot make sure no protential security problems can come out using fantastico scripts.

Now I have some database errors. I don't know if this is what you mean in the other posts (if it is the same error, sorry for the post), but I haven't edited these databases in a long time and all the sudden then get this:

Fatal error: Database error in "/home/sparkx/public_html/programs/.." on line 43
Now I know it is not my code. The code has been working for over 4 months now. My last full backup was about a week ago and I could loose some major user data that was added to the sql sence then. That's ok though. If I get it fixed soon not much will be lost. Any suggestion?
Thank you very much,
Sparkx
EDIT: Oh and some of my databases still work. It is about 50/50 of them are down (out of about 12 databases). Thanks again
Edited by sparkx (see edit history)

Okay, from my understanding, all of the data is safe!

Your databases are okay and if you have 404 errors, your files are intact!

An Expalination:

Database Connection Errors. Most of the database errors are coming from overuse! This is a situation I have discussed in the past and is what is happening now. Basically, since everyone is trying to test their website and databases at once, the server starts to deny requests. The server has a limit and we keep reaching it!. Under normal opperation, the server doesn't get so many simultaneous connection requests but when we have problems, it does and then the error returned causes even more people to reload and inturn perform more database requests which make sthe problem worse. Also, the fewer changes made in the databases now the better. Think of the server errors like puzzle pieces, it is hard to put the puzzle together if the picture keeps changing while you work on it!

phpMyAdmin is not working yet. It either hasn't been installed or hasn't been turned on. Probably hasn't been turned on to prevent everyone from trying to make a bunch of changes to their databases because they think there is a problem. With the request limit problem described above, this will provide a little relief for the server. Whatever the case, one phpMyAdmin is properly configured and the MySQL server is stable, it will be turned back on.

Fantastico is another example of a system that has probably been disabled to make it easier to fix any other problems with the server. Fantastico is a secondary system and as a result is a secondary priority when working to fix the server. This will probably be the last issue resolved.

Email errors, I'm no longer having any! If you have email errors, you need to reply here!

Site suspension, I have no idea what that is about. Probably a simple fix for it and should be resolved soon.

404 errors, my 404 error has been resolved but I don't know if this is on a case by case situtation. It seems that the new cPanel was having a hard time associating the correct folders for each hosting account. If your website has 404 errors, you need to post them here. If you don't know if you have 404 errors, then you don't. It will be painfully obvious if you have this error since none of your file structure will exist! Don't worry, the data is safe, just a little misplaced.

The server techs are working to resolve all of the issues but it could take some time to get all of the feature working as before. Most of the big stuff is done and your website should operate normally. You may have trouble making changes to you website if it requires some of the more advanced cPanel features.

I hope that this answers any questions that you may have.

vujsa

Ok im still getting email errors..Heres what happs when I use Horde via Cpanel"A fatal error has occurred""Failed to import Horde configuration: Warning: importconfig(/usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/config/conf.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/lib/Horde/Registry.php on line 874 Warning: importconfig(): Failed opening '/usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/config/conf.php' for inclusion (include_path='/usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/lib:/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/lib/php/:.') in /usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/lib/Horde/Registry.php on line 874"This is what happs if I open Squirrel."THIS FOLDER IS EMPTY"Basically no mails there at allIf I try Outlook ( my usual route to get my mail) it just keeps popping up the login box, ofc the password or username havnt changed so I click "OK" and nothing happens.This is kinda worrying for me cos all my MySql dbs are copied and zipped and mailed to that address everyday..so i really need to get back into my mail to catch Fridays backups.

i am having the same problems as mark with horde, exactly the same error message. also Squirrel Mail is reporting no mail in folder as mark said, but i dont keep any messages on the server, they are all downloaded to my computer, so im not sure if thats a problem or if its ok!I have all my mail that comes to my site, forwarded to another address, and at the moment all my mail is still coming through!thanks-jimmy

I have -11 negative credits, and i understand that my website address would point to an "Account Suspended Page" , but is it normal that i cant sign in to my cPanel ?

The website http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ shows me a Suspended accounts page, so i am under the impression that my account is still intact (I think below -30 would completely banish my account) but i never reached that point. Is it something to do with the recent change or its just my credits ?

Regards
Dhanesh.

Any update on phpMyAdmin issues??

I'm waiting for that!!

And the cPanel is not looking good as before :ph34r:

Can I get the old skin back??

My phpBB forum often shows some error message as could not connect to database!! :)

Fantastico was very useful for newbies, too bad it disapeared.phpmyadmin is almost necessary, I see noo other tool easily usable for easily browsing tables. :ph34r: I am also experiencing "cannot connect to the database" problems, rather disagreable.

It has been quite some time since I could come over here at Xisto.

And lately, I have been seeing a lot of issues with the MySQL. I am not sure what has happened, but for the past couple of weeks - it has been terribly going wrong. As Mark420 mentioned, I keep getting MySQL errors when I use my Wordpress blog engine for Splat. vujsa, I can understand if the problem with MySQL, as you said is due to a lot many requests going to MySQL server. I did face that quite a couple of times earlier - but it was quite sporadic. But lately, it is happening every time. I am just not able to use my blog because of that.