xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Arkane

My Best Work Yet Nice new photoshop sig

Posted Image

What do you guys think? Took my quite a while to find the render I wanted to use, and the c4d was even worse. Once I got those though It was just a little time consuming. Well ya, let me know what I can improve on or change to make it look better

Edited by Arkane (see edit history)

That loooks really nice, I like how Shadow would be the first thing my eyes would focus on before everything else. Very nice cut out of shadow by the way, the background fits in very well with the character itself. I dont know if you wanted your username to be clearly displayed or just wanted it somehow hidden, but right now it is the last thing I notice in the signature. I guess because the font is small and thin, that makes it less prominent than everything else that is seen in the signature. But I really like this one is clean and clear. Your signature with soul reaver, seems more on the abtract side, maybe because there is a lot of stuff going on in the background. The one you have with shadow seems more refined and clean cut, I like it. Keep up the good work.

Thanks, originally I had some bigger bold words but I felt it offset the plain blending that I had worked so hard for. Instead I made the font small and black so that its noticable but not overwhelming. As for the cut I can't take credit for that, found it on some render site.

Ya I use Photoshop CS2 for just about every graphic I make as I'm not to familiar with any of the other programs and don't want to have to learn all over again lol.

Very decent, the text is more subtle and nice than your current one. I'm not a big fan of sigs but it is good work.It's also in my opinion a good evolution to minimize in width, better forum layout.

Yes I agree that shadow is the first thing I notice in your signature as well - which is a good thing! : ) I think that overall the signature looks very nice and clean. The only thing I might suggest is moving the text slightly over to the left so it's not running straight into the border of the sig. It's....just a visual thing, and it throws me off a bit to see the text blend into the border. I do like that the text is subtle, because then it allows for the view to focus on the image and not so much on the words. Other than sliding the text a bit left though, I think everything else is good. Nice work!

Wow that's great. :) But I think the text "Arkane" should be more further away from the border. Ahhh and that is it. Nothing else to comment on. :ph34r: