xisto Community
Ozwaldo

Mysql And Php When trying to install Joomla

I don't know if this is the correct forum, but here is my question:

I'm trying to test Joomla and some forums in my computer, I have already installed MySQL with the GUI tools, Apache, and PHP with the MySQL and MySQLi

extensions, but when I'm trying to install Joomla I get this error:

Required Settings Check:

-------------------------------------

PHP version >= 4.1.0 Yes

- zlib compression support Available

- XML support Available

- MySQL support Unavailable

configuration.php Writeable

Session save path Unwriteable

Not set

What is happening?

If you know php, you can try write a simple php page, and connect to your mysql.
EDIT: See if it works out, then you work your step down to see which part of mysql is not working. Also check your firewall in case it blocked the connection to your mysql server

If you're a novice, then i'll recommend getting a package for apache, mysql and php. That way you'll save some hassle of configuring each of the services. If you're running windows, you can try wamp server

http://www.wampserver.com/en/

Just install it then run. It should take care of the configuration for general use.

Edited by faulty.lee (see edit history)

I'm trying to test Joomla and some forums in my computer, I have already installed MySQL with the GUI tools, Apache, and PHP with the MySQL and MySQLi

Required Settings Check:

PHP version >= 4.1.0 Yes

- XML support Available

Not set

What is happening?

I encourage you to get https://www.apachefriends.org/index.html

but the recommendation above min also works. Just visit both sites and pick the best pack that will work with you.

Take a look at this parts.

You have the wrong combination in there mate. You have installed mySQL and so mySQL will take over the connectivity of the ports needed by mySQL built-in.

And you installed PHP with mySQL built-in support which is mySQL and mySQLi. This versions surely cannot run on its owns since mySQL standalone is already using all the ports and connection that these modules need. When you run Joomla, you did not reconfigure your Apache/PHP to unload the built-in mySQL modules and making Apache/PHP to still use the built-in functions.

You should tinker a little bit with you configuration and unload the built-in versions or uninstall the standalone mySQL.

By the way the error can also be triggered by a wrong password.

Check you Apache/PHP configuration for the folder name of the Session Save Path. Normally it points inside the apache folder and is not initially created. Create that folder and make sure you can write on it.

Configuration file for apache is named http.conf, and it may include some other link files. On my version, I got one http.conf and 17 include files.

Php configuration is PHP.ini if i am not mistaken, mySQL config can be found in two places most of the time. One in its installed folder and one in %systemroot%/system32

;)

This means that mysql support in php for Jomla is not available on your computer. This means that you forgog some libraries or dll's. I would suggest you to try an easier way. Try using easyphp from http://www.easyphp.org/
It installs a very complete apache + php + mysql, all packages ready for use and compatible with each others. I did not try it with Jomla but it works fine for installing PHPBB3.
Edited by yordan (see edit history)

I gues that's my Windows, because I did exactly the same installation in other computer and it works perfectly, then I installed WAMP server in the first machine (the one with the problem), but, again it doesn't work.I'll try to set up a virtual machine to do my tests. Anyway, thank you all for your support.

If you want to test things on your own machine, try easyphp. Like it's name says, it's easy to install, and everything comes bundles together, and the embedded php has everything set up to work correctly with the embedded mysql, I often do demos with phpbb and 4image to show how it works.Regardsyordan

Required Settings Check:

PHP version >= 4.1.0 Yes

- XML support Available

Not set

What is happening?

My guess would be, MySQL isn't configured properly with Apache. try looking on the Apache site, and the Mysql site, to see if there's any additional configuration you need to do.

Have you been able to use Mysql with anything else on your Apache Server?

Me and Jay (Habble) installed Apache on jays computer fine!Anyway, I reckon that its something wrong with mysql. Try re installing it or make sure its configured right?

Me and Jay (Habble) installed Apache on jays computer fine!
Anyway, I reckon that its something wrong with mysql. Try re installing it or make sure its configured right?

<_< I installed Apache myself

And as for your website, if it's hosted somewhere, on a webhost, it'll have a server (obviously) and PHP/mysql is usally installed. Some webhosts don't have PHP however, so choose one that does, like Xisto for instance!

Hi, I am installing joomla on IIS on a Windows Server 2003. At first I had the same problem with mySQL, if you are installing php5, this doesn't have the mySQL.Dll and other .Dll needed with php5 to have support for mySQL, so go to the php.Net page and download the windows binaries (the .Zip archive not the executable) and copy all the files in the "ext" folder, as for the session save path unwriteable, that I haven't figured it out yet, The thing is, I have my own server and have given myself full permission on the IIS, but every time I change a folder's properties "write only" it changes back as soon as I click apply and ok. If anyone knows how I can change the folders properties I would be really great full. You have so joomla installation can write into the necessary files and folders, but I just can�t seem to get it to do it.Well, I hope the thing on php - mySQL works fine, and if anyone has a comment I will surely be waiting on it.PS. Install phpmyadmin <---- this really helps with the administration of php and mySQL databases.