xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Killer008r

Wii Would Like To Play :d

Nintendo wii, the most innovative console of the next -gen consoles out. Because of it's innovative playing style of gyroscopic technology.

Tell me what you think of it and I'll post my review of it ;)

If you havn't even played it for mor than an hour please don't bash it just because you're an Xbox fan or a PS fan. I frankley like PS and Nintendo and not so much Xbox BUT I own a 360 and a regular xbox (although I don't like it much I've tried it) And I hear too much of "Oh I don't like the Wii because of it's stupid remote style" and then I ask "Have you ever tried playing one" and they say "No because it looks stupid" Now that's what i thought first off from nintendo... but then I though it is nintendo So I'll try mu luck, me being an avid nintendo fan all the way back from Mr. Game&Watch. At first hte controller style was a little hard to get used to, but at the end I wasn't suprized atall to be flourished with fun gameplay, Not all childish, Redsteel, the shooting-sword slashing FPS was okay, not as good as Call of duty where the controller style lets you drive tanks by turning one part of the controller to steer. Wii Sports, the title that came with the console... Was beautifully made, along with everyones favorite game of it Tennis in which you swing the controller in the direction tha tyou want to hit the ball. or Bowling where you actually have to move your arms to bowl.

Some people say "Oh, I don't want to be moving around that much to be playing a game" The truth with it is that you don't have to be jumping around or moving your whole body. Although it makes it fun to play with alot of people like you're actually participating in the sport or the game. The games only require a flick of the wrist or a small movement of the hand. So in reality you're just barely moving atall.

Moving on to other games. ZELDA... The main focus right now (until further titles such as Super Smash Brothers Brawlers which is rumored to have 53 characters, including the famous Solid Snake from the Metal Gear Solid franchise, Spore, a game where you and the world constantly evolve starting at an atom and ending at a galaxy, Super Mario galaxy which is mario, there hasn't really been a boring Mario, And then Metroid Prime 3, which from the previews has beautiful graphics, stunning playablity and intresting controll styles). Zelda is a darker themed Zelda than the previous ones. The graphics are Majorly updated from Gamecube style (The graphics equal to that of Resident Evil 4 without having reloaded backgrounds) The story line is, like all zeldas, very good, and intune with all the previous Zelda titles.

So yeah. I have more to type but I have to go home now It's 3:53 and school ended an hour ago.... lol Cyah

-Killer008r

My friends were playing the Wii and it sure did look fun. They were playing the boxing game in the Wii Sports disc and it was just amazing to me how the controllers knew which way you were leaning and which arm was moving forward for a nice uppercut to the face. I would have gotten a Wii but decided to get a Xbox 360 due to the lack of space in my gaming room.Once I'm done building my computer, I'll be sure to go buy a Wii so my friends can come over and have some fun.

Wii is a great system, but it can't be a standalone system if you're a traditional gamer. It comes best with either the XBOX 360 or PS3.I myself, is a traditional gamer, and am opting for the Wii60 combo when the Wii drought ends.xboxrulz

I have always wanted to try the Wii since I first saw it on the G4 coverage of E3. It looked great that you could move while playing the game and the controller knows what your doing. I also think it's a great idea to be active while playing a game. I can sit infront of the Xbox or Playstation for hours not moving. But with all the motion going on with the Wii, you don't just have to sit on the couch, you can be involved. As of yet I haven't gotten any of the next gen game systems. But once the prices of them go down, I will most likely be getting the Wii. Not that I won't get the Xbox 360 or PS3. I still am an avid Xbox fan, but definitly want the Wii.

The Wii has one thing that the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 are severely lacking in - Innovation. Innovation is the key to progressing forward, especially in the world of games, where everything just seems like another sequel or a rehash of another game. The Wii is certainly the most innovative thing to come out of the gaming world in years, probably since the DS came out. I admit, the Wii is not at it's peak yet, certainly not. Twilight Princess and a few other games are all it's got right now, but wait a little longer, once games like Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, and Super Mario Galaxy make their debut, the Wii will be grand. Not to mention the Virtual Console feature, I play that more than any of my actual Wii games. I think Nintendo knows what they're doing, and I have full faith in them. I expect great things from the Wii in the future.

Our household doesn't own any stand-alone gaming systems (XBox Wii etc) yet. My daughter has been asking regularly about getting one though.But the one that most seem to rave about is the Wii. In particular, the bowling game. If we do decided to get a game box, I think it would be the Wii.One of the other systems (I don't remember which) has a really cool music game where there is a plastic guitar attachment.

Edited by ginginca (see edit history)

I have the wii. I like wii sports the best but I haven't tried many games. I thought zelda would be fun but I don't see what is so good about it. Tony hawks downhill jam is OK. I liked Madden 2007 but I was confused on making your own team. The wii is good but if you really wan't good graphics it is not anything like Play Station 3. It's graphics are like the Play Station Origional. I heard you could go onto the internet and use web browsers like Opera via the wii, but I am not sure if that is true. I can't find anywere in the manual on how to connect to Wii Connect 24 (the internet). I look forward to that at least. I see lots of online games are now supporting the wii consol (at xgen studios about 1/4 of the games are Wii capeable). It seems to have a smaller hardrive then the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 but I don't mind. It has the best tecnology in my opinion (and most will agree with me).Thanks,Sparkx

The Wii has one thing that the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 are severely lacking in - Innovation. Innovation is the key to progressing forward, especially in the world of games, where everything just seems like another sequel or a rehash of another game. The Wii is certainly the most innovative thing to come out of the gaming world in years, probably since the DS came out. I admit, the Wii is not at it's peak yet, certainly not. Twilight Princess and a few other games are all it's got right now, but wait a little longer, once games like Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, and Super Mario Galaxy make their debut, the Wii will be grand. Not to mention the Virtual Console feature, I play that more than any of my actual Wii games. I think Nintendo knows what they're doing, and I have full faith in them. I expect great things from the Wii in the future.

Of course innovation is important, however, the Wii is missing in the innovations of the graphical side. Also, it's missing some basic traditional gaming concepts. That's beside the point now since the Wii is in a different submarket than the XBOX 360 and the PS3.

Our household doesn't own any stand-alone gaming systems (XBox Wii etc) yet. My daughter has been asking regularly about getting one though.
But the one that most seem to rave about is the Wii. In particular, the bowling game. If we do decided to get a game box, I think it would be the Wii.

One of the other systems (I don't remember which) has a really cool music game where there is a plastic guitar attachment.

The other systems that have Guitar Hero II (the game you're talking about) are Playstation 2 and the XBOX 360. There are more songs on the XBOX 360 version but the PS2 version should be good enough if you just only want it for Guitar Hero.

xboxrulz

I have the wii. I like wii sports the best but I haven't tried many games. I thought zelda would be fun but I don't see what is so good about it. Tony hawks downhill jam is OK. I liked Madden 2007 but I was confused on making your own team. The wii is good but if you really wan't good graphics it is not anything like Play Station 3. It's graphics are like the Play Station Origional. I heard you could go onto the internet and use web browsers like Opera via the wii, but I am not sure if that is true. I can't find anywere in the manual on how to connect to Wii Connect 24 (the internet). I look forward to that at least. I see lots of online games are now supporting the wii consol (at xgen studios about 1/4 of the games are Wii capeable). It seems to have a smaller hardrive then the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 but I don't mind. It has the best tecnology in my opinion (and most will agree with me).Thanks,
Sparkx

WiiConnect 24 only needs a wireless connection in your house, that's all it needs. As for the storage, it comes with a 512 MB internal flash memory and you can transfer data (but can't save) on to SD cards.

It is also true that you can surf the web on the Opera browsers that you download off the Wii store.

xboxrulz

I don't have a wii and due to its insane cost doubt I ever will. My newest console is the Gamecube. I still prefer the Sega Genesis over PS2 often. Personally they are too expensive, and the Wii just looks...well...I don't like it personally. The Xbox360 and Ps3 out do the Wii (bare in mind I am a long time Nintendo fan), however I hear the Wii is cheap, so in long run Wii might win.

Edited by SilverFox (see edit history)

The wii does look really neat and sleek, but I've yet to have an opportunity to play it! I don't know anyone that owns one, and in all the stores, they only offer a video that talks about the wii instead of actually being able to give it a test run. I was so disappointed they never made any playable in-store because I'd sure like to try one out. I'm just glad that the gaming industries are coming up with more interesting ways to play games! :ph34r: As someone mentioned earlier - guitar hero is cool because you have a guitar-shaped controller, and the wii has it's perks because it's motion sensitive. Great stuff.

The wii does look really neat and sleek, but I've yet to have an opportunity to play it! I don't know anyone that owns one, and in all the stores, they only offer a video that talks about the wii instead of actually being able to give it a test run. I was so disappointed they never made any playable in-store because I'd sure like to try one out. I'm just glad that the gaming industries are coming up with more interesting ways to play games! :ph34r: As someone mentioned earlier - guitar hero is cool because you have a guitar-shaped controller, and the wii has it's perks because it's motion sensitive. Great stuff.

If you have an EB Games/Gamestop near you they will let you try, but they will require to ask you for your ID, just in case you steal the Wiimotes.

xboxrulz

xboxrulz is right. "Wiimote" is a tern coined by IGN.com when they reviewed it at an E3 interview. Just another hybrid of names that people use to show their affection towards it. Although I don't know why anyone would compare the Wiimote against the Guitar Hero guitar, since the guitar is an add-on like Donkey Kong's bongos or that microphone in Hey You Pikachu. The Wiimote is an actual piece of hardware included as a necessity for gameplay.Pretty much like all new launch consoles the game line-up isn't up to par, but it's understandable. Designers are getting warmed up to the new technology, therefore a game won't be without it's bugs until after people know how to use the coding efficiently. The future looks bright for all 3 companies, at least that's hat my optimistic views would like to think. They just need to sit down and really come up with innovations that'll interest the consumer, not only their pockets (I'm looking at you Sony).