xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
leafbunk

God Of War Ii = Awesomesauce.

My boyfriend just got me God of War II for the PS2, and I must say - this game is fantastic. I really, really enjoyed the first one, so I was sure hoping I wouldn't be disappointed with the second. These games are just so incredibly epic!!! I thought the concept behind the first one was SO cool, and now that I'm playing the second one, it seems just as awesome if not more than the first game! It's just so great to have a game where the storyline involves you fighting gods, or flying through the air on a pegasus with fire wings, or being such a pimp warrior that you harness four humungous, steel horses to pull two halves of a city together. Amazing. The transitions between levels are neat as well. It feels almost like you're observing a truly epic movie, and yet you're actually playing through it! The puzzles in this game are extremely similar to the ones in the first game, and so are the monsters. Actually....I think that nearly all the mosters that appear in the second game are also in the first one. I haven't quite decided if I view that as a discouraging thing or a good thing yet. Of course, there are new monsters, and the bosses are mostly different...but still, I noticed an extreme amount of similarity. I haven't finished the game yet, but I'm well on my way to doing so. Seriously, I've very much enjoyed both games so far, and I would highly suggest them to anyone who is interested in a new action/adventure game that you can get completely caught up in.So has anyone out there played God of War or GOWII? What did you think? Do you enjoy the fighting style? Does the constant guided camera angle bother you or does it make it feel more cinematic?Did you enjoy the story line in both or either game?Which weapon did you enjoy using the most through out the game?Discuss! ;)

The series really is a great one. I wonder how well the third installment will do on the PSP. I managed to finish the second one after my boyfriend did, so I had to keep him at bay to not spoil it for me. The game was just as good, if not better, than the first one. The graphics albeit not that important to me, are so real-like, it challenges the PS3's current line-up. There's not much to say but give it countless of props. The game developers did an amazing job and you can tell they poured their heart on it. Will the PSP installment preserve its previous titles? I wouldn't know, but I can't wait.

Ok so I just finished God of War II, so I thought I'd give a bit of an update.... I must say, I still think this game is incredibly awesome. The storyline is really exciting and neat, and the whole game is just fantastic. There are a few areas that were really difficult to conquer though, like an area with a huge streaming wall of fire, and another part with a crushing ceiling with spikes all while skeletons are attempting to bash you to pieces. The puzzles in the game are satisfying to complete, and some are pretty challenging. There is a part near the end of the game where you're expecting to fight waves and waves of nearly all the creatures you've encountered through out the game at once. I thought it was a really difficult part to get through, and pretty frustrating actually because once you die, you are placed back at the very beginning of the first wave. Kind of sucks. But...yes. The levels are all very neat looking, and really add a lot to the feel of the game. That is one thing I really appreciate about both the God of War games - the detail that was put into the creation and look of the levels. The cut-scenes in-game are really clean and crisp, and it's neat to see the story animated so clearly. : ) I'm very glad I played the first one, because it allowed me to really get into the story of the second game. But anyways, still a great game now that I've played it completely through. Anyone else out there besides Moon Child have any thoughts on it? Thanks Moon Child, by the way, for sharing your opinion! :ph34r: