xisto Community
xboxrulz1405241485

Happy Feet! on DVD/HD-DVD/BD-ROM

Posted Image

The award-winning Happy Feet movie are now on the disc format of your choice!

It comes on DVD/HD-DVD and BD-ROM!

Even better! The HD-DVD version is actually a DVD/HD-DVD hybrid with more extras than on the DVD and BD version!

Go Mumble ;)!

xboxrulz

Sorry guys and gals for typing BD-ROM instead of BD. It just looked funny by just saying BD instead of BD-ROM.

As WeaponX and ethergeek had clearified, BD/BD-ROM means the Bluray.

As for the HD-DVD, it is currently in direct competition with Bluray.

The special thing about HD-DVD for Happy Feet is that it's completely backwards compatible with your standard DVD player! It's a hybrid disc.

xboxrulz

I was interested in buying it on its official release. I heard it was a really good movie based on the reviews I have read for it. I am also trying to collect all the 3d animation movies that are being released. My most wanted of all right now would probably Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I heard that the movie was not so good but the animation looks good enough for me where I need to own it. On the otherhand, I will definitely be picking up Happy Feet sometime soon.

That's definitely one movie that I've been looking forward for the longest time to be released. Good thing the BD has extra features, that way I'll be able to use it on my PS3. Finally, some use for it. ;) It's funny because when I first saw the commercial for the theater release I thought it was about penguins mating. You know, since they do a little 'dance' to gain a mate for life. Apparently not if it's a family movie.

Hey any opinions on the movie? I haven't really searched much on it but I have been looking around for something for me and the missus to watch and some of the more popular ones on my list won't be out for a few months yet.Looks to be quite humerous?We watched stuff like Ice Age 2 and what not so yeah ;), comedy and light humour is always good (coupled with cartoon animation).

That's definitely one movie that I've been looking forward for the longest time to be released. Good thing the BD has extra features, that way I'll be able to use it on my PS3. Finally, some use for it. ;) It's funny because when I first saw the commercial for the theater release I thought it was about penguins mating. You know, since they do a little 'dance' to gain a mate for life. Apparently not if it's a family movie.

lol, I got the DVD version instead (was opting to get the HD-DVD version, but I just remembered, I don't have the HD-DVD player for my XBOX 360 ;)!) The DVD version also has special features too, including how to dance like a penguin.

Hey any opinions on the movie? I haven't really searched much on it but I have been looking around for something for me and the missus to watch and some of the more popular ones on my list won't be out for a few months yet.

Looks to be quite humerous?

We watched stuff like Ice Age 2 and what not so yeah ;), comedy and light humour is always good (coupled with cartoon animation).

It's a great movie! I recommend it for all!!

Here's some photos I took from the DVD (literally screenshots from the movie), photos hosted on Facebook:

Posted Image - DVD cover (front)

Posted Image - DVD cover (back)

Posted Image - Happy Feet DVD

Posted Image - Gloria stares at Mumble's Egg

Posted Image - Mumble's egg hatches

Posted Image - Gloria chases Mumble's egg. Mumble tries to break free from egg.

Posted Image - Mumble egg hatches by going on a half pipe and fall 90 degrees ;).

More photos on the next page!

xboxrulz

More photos:

Posted Image - "Watch the beak ... watch the beak .. *gasps* ... the beak!" ... Mumble goes to his dad for warmth.

Posted Image - Mumble dancing

Posted Image - Mumble as an adult

Posted Image - Mumble with his father, his girlfriend Gloria and his mother.

Posted Image - The Happyfeet Family, Gloria and the Amigos dancing

Posted Image - A group of young penguin chicks dancing with the adults

Posted Image - Alien (human) helicopter surprises penguins in Emperor Land

Posted Image - Aliens (people) look at the mass of penguins

Posted Image - Gia Farrell in the "Hit Me Up" music video included in DVD

Posted Image - Mumble dances to "The Song of the Heart" by Prince.

xboxrulz

Seriously, it's really good. You might not expect it to be, but it is. You should definately check it out! ^.^

I would really love to watch penguins dancing in HD, but I realized that I don't have an HD-DVD player :ph34r:

xboxrulz

Thanks for the screenshots xboxrulz! :) I've yet to buy he movie, but I suppose that's partly my fault. I went to a local Wal-Mart because it's closer to me than a Best Buy, and they didn't pack neither the HD or BR version of the movie, just regular DVD. Well maybe this weekend when I have more time. I have to commend to the artists though, those penguins are not far from realistic. :ph34r: