xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tech Live

Pagebreeze: The Free Html Editor!

PageBreeze is a Free HTML Editor, among its featuresare - easy to use visual (WYSIWYG) HTML editor for creating web pages; Color-coded HTML source (tag) editor; Preview mode lets you instantly see what your finished webpage will look like in Microsoft Internet Explorer; Webpage templates and also links to download them on theweb are provided; Drag-and-drop Form Builder; switchbetween HTML source and visual modes at any time;Changes made instantly get reflected in both modes, andaform submission service to get feedback from visitors toyour web site. The 6 MB Page Breeze v.4.0 for MicrosoftWindows 9x/Me/2000/XP/Vista and it can be downloaded at http://www.pagebreeze.com/download.htm

Taken from http://feeds.feedburner.com/techlive2

Personally I don't like wysiwyg editors for HTML I haven't found one yet that doesn't monkey with your code. I use ACE HTML Pro (they also have a free version) for HTML editing. HTML isn't hard to learn so I don't quite understand the need for wysiwyg editors.

Gin

I swear by Dreamweaver and GoLive.I do most of my coding in Dreamweaver 8 and use GoLive CS2 if i've working with a very big Style Sheet.There is no Opensource or freeware editors for coding with features as that of Dreamweaver.

I swear by Dreamweaver and GoLive.
I do most of my coding in Dreamweaver 8 and use GoLive CS2 if i've working with a very big Style Sheet.

There is no Opensource or freeware editors for coding with features as that of Dreamweaver.

True - nothing can beat Dreamweaver, but NVU or Konqueror (which is the unofficial bug-fixed release of NVU) is possibly the closest you can get. Dreamweaver costs a pretty penny - so for those who don't really want to burn a big hole in their pocket... NVU is the way to go ;) Incidentally, not everyone here's living in India or Thailand (me) where all these softwares are available for as low as $2, on the roadside that is ;)

yep here in India we get all Softwares for the lowest prices you'd ever get, but they are pirated.I've planned to join the anti-piracy leauge. SO I've stopped getting pirated softwares for the past 3 months and also stopped visiting warez websites.I'll use only opensource or paid softwares.I'll be conveting to orginal dreamweaver by purchasing the Dreamweaver CS3 when it will be released [Planning to purchase but nor sure :ph34r: ].

yep here in India we get all Softwares for the lowest prices you'd ever get, but they are pirated.
I've planned to join the anti-piracy leauge. SO I've stopped getting pirated softwares for the past 3 months and also stopped visiting warez websites.

I'll use only opensource or paid softwares.

I'll be conveting to orginal dreamweaver by purchasing the Dreamweaver CS3 when it will be released [Planning to purchase but nor sure :) ].

Good luck on the freeware road :ph34r: . I quit using pirated software more than a year ago and I must say there are a lot of free alternatives available and they can do almost the same as the paid versions (wich sometimes contain a lot of stuff you don't need or use).

I'll share my favourite html editor, notepad++ . It's more than enough to do what I want to do. I can write the code the way I want it (and writing it correct, something dreamweaver doesn't always do).

I'm a pure HTML kind of guy. :ph34r: But then again, I have never really had to do any sort of heavy-duty coding. Most of the things I design have a simple, functional layout because the guests will be a select group that don't really care about the visual style except for not looking bad.