xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FirefoxRocks

Asp With Astahost How do you get it working?

I am having trouble getting ASP to work on Xisto. I don't see any configuration and/or options about in cPanel and I don't know how to get it working.I tried copying an example from the W3Schools and uploading it to the server but it does thought it was a text/plain (Plain Text) file and just displayed the code instead of processing it.I'm not having any trouble with PHP, so I know that is working correctly. My example worked on the Windows 98 PWS 'practice' server so it should work on the real server.Can I get some help on how to enable it please?

http://reseller.ijabry.com/ is a great site that offers free ASP Hosting with no ads, as a trial basis they are offering selected users free ASP.NET 2.o Hosting with SQL Server.

Normal Account includes

* 100 MB disk space
* Microsoft Access DataBase
* For Limited Time, No Ads
* Web-Based File Manager
* FTP Access Account
* Standard ASP Scripts
* Unlimited Bandwidth

Sorry, at Xisto we use high-performance Linux servers for our users with an incredible expectancy for high-quality servers.ASP is a Microsoft technology and requires Microsoft IIS in order to run. Unfortunately, there is no such support in Linux. I may suggest you to use an open standard like PHP.xboxrulz

In fact, you can run ASP.NET on Linux using Apache, for some time there is a project called Mono, which works on Linux and Windows, this is old news though, you don't need only Windows and IIS to run ASP, you can find a lot about it on google. ;)

All right, I will consider dropping ASP use. I considered using ASP because it seemed easier to work with XML for it. I found this: ChiliASP. It can run on Linux servers apparently.

I do use PHP for my site. In fact I am using PHP right now. ASP looks extremely hard and confusing to use (as by W3Schools). PHP is quite easy to learn.

you can run ASP.NET in Apache using either Opensource Apache modules or commercial packages.

here are the few resources I've found online.

* How to make Apache run ASP.NET / ASP.NET 2.0
* How do I run ASP on other web servers besides IIS?
* Apache Modules for running ASP
* * Apache::ASP - GPL
* * Chili!Soft ASP - Commercial
* * ModVB - GPL
* * mod_mono - Apache License
* * OpenASP Module - Apache License

hope Opaque finds any of these solutions feasable and provide the hosted memebers the facility to host ASP pages in their sites.