xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
velma

Memoirs Of A Last Life? Your views on people knowing their previous lives

would you like to remember your past life   

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello everyone,This was one topic that I wanted to talk about.How would you feel if you knew/remembered what happened in your previous life. I've read a lot about people knowing who they were in their previous lives with quite some interesting proof. ;) Things like a girl knowing the history and status of a family and their location when she possibly could not have heard about them nor seen the place.A boy having the medical condition which his grandfather had died of. I'd like to know what you think on this for I found it a very interesting topicCheers, ;)

I would definitely want to remember everything of this life. That way, I can continue to be admin of Trap forever! :-D

That would be one AMAZING thing ;) Specially if you still retain all the KNOWLEDGE you gained in your last life. That'd allow you to build up on it and take yourself to new heights ..instead of starting from scratch all over again as a new-born.

Such a boon/curse (whatever you call it) is often associated with other ghostly happenings. Well, atleast in the movies, it is. I wouldn't want any of those ruining my then system. Besides, the performance of a clean formatted disk can't be matched.

Edited by turbopowerdmaxsteel (see edit history)

i would love to remenber all the stuff of my life ,but dont want everyone to have that power or there could have been people who wont let anyone come ahead in life because they would have gone so high in their life that they may consider themselves god

I don't think there's such thing as someone not letting another "advance in life". Even more if there's such thing as remembering previous lives. I suppose you'll remember what was on your way in your past life and don't repeat it ;)

Anyway, I also think that even if some people could live a thousand lives, and remember each of them, they still would continue doing the same things. For that matter, when people have a long life and really can remember the past (not talking about past lives, but past years) and all they've lived and everything they've gone through, I don't see them changing or improving, or being better...

I would rather live a longer life, rather than living many short different ones. If not, I would like to be able to learn form whatever I've done, no matter how small in life, good or bad, take the best to improve it and the worst to remember and not repeat it.

About the good things, you can forget them or not, it won't matter as if you did it well then you know that you will do it well next time, it's already in you. With the bad things it's different, you can't forget and start afresh because you most most most likely do it bad or worse next time. Usually we tend to forget the bad things because that makes us feel bad, and makes us suffer again and relive again what we've done wrong. But it's something necessary, to really make a change in life. I always repeat to myself that whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I think people tend to believe that to suffer is wrong and bad. It is not. It is the best source of life knowledge. You learn from your mistakes, not from your good choices.

Well in my opinion it's already proven that this does not happen. Now before you say "OMG but how would you know???" Consider this, if this was possible wouldn't you then remember your last life, I find it kind of a stupid thought that everyone on here would have only been able to live one life. I mean think about it, not one of us can remember our "Last Life" i can almost guarantee it, but if you believe in rebirth then its also impossible to believe that not one of us has been reborn yet.Now in the department of WANTING to remember, defiantly, it would be great to have all of this knowledge right from the start! You would be able to skip most of school and have MUCH more free time etc.

Well in my opinion it's already proven that this does not happen. Now before you say "OMG but how would you know???" Consider this, if this was possible wouldn't you then remember your last life, I find it kind of a stupid thought that everyone on here would have only been able to live one life. I mean think about it, not one of us can remember our "Last Life" i can almost guarantee it, but if you believe in rebirth then its also impossible to believe that not one of us has been reborn yet.
Now in the department of WANTING to remember, defiantly, it would be great to have all of this knowledge right from the start! You would be able to skip most of school and have MUCH more free time etc.

Hi the thing is I know that Everybody cannot remeber their lives and science has proven it but like in everything else there are scientifically proven exceptions.
That is what is puzzling, If there was no previous life then why are there people with damning proof there claiming to know their past life experiences.

The thing is Iam an atheist and also personally do not believe in the life cycle or such but when I saw documentaries and articles in books It sort of made me curious and I wanted to know for that reason what others thought about this as many believe that there is a previous life and all.
I live for this life alone not for the next nor previous.

I was just curious ;)

Bye

See one cannot claim with utter absolution that there cannot be memories from a past life or as a matter of fact the whole rebirth cycle itself. Keep in mind that what you call a RULE is only PROVEN by EXCEPTION ;)

Secondly, if you're the hardwired scientific kind, there could be a very logical explanation of this... once a person dies his/her body just doesn't vanish into thin air. Rather it gets decomposed (in graves) / burnt (during cremation) and returned to nature as the original elements (mostly Carbon). It's very likely that these same atoms somehow get dispersed only to be a part of another organism somewhere far away. There's a vast gap in our knowledge of atomic / subatomic phenomena. Will you be surprised if you come to know one day, that atoms / molecules can somehow carry forth "memories" ?

Knowledge retention as cellular level is an established fact.. so why not at an atomic level? Now if these same atoms constitute another human being at a later stage - the old memories can easily be passed on to the new being - giving him/her that sense of having been reborn.

Agree / Disagree?

Now I think you carry a good point, but to my understanding the only way we could carry that memory in the way your saying would be if the whole brain stayed together as most of it relies on other parts of the brain.

I don't believe in a past life. I believe that this is the only "mortal" existence that we have, and after we have proven ourselves, we are set in our eternal rest. I DO believe in a premortal life (one where we are all spirits and lived with God) which we left to get our bodies. I voted YES because in eternity I want to remember all of the good times that I have had on this earth.